Chocolate lovers rejoice! This no-bake Chocolate Lasagna is filled with cream cheese, chocolate pudding, and chocolate chips on top of an Oreo cookie crust! if you’ve never tried chocolate lasagna you are in for a delicious treat!
My aunt had a barbecue over the weekend and I jumped on the chance to test out this chocolate lasagna recipe. Oreos are great for no-bake recipes (see my Reese’s Peanut Butter Cup Oreo Bon Bons) and with all the flavors coming out lately, you could really switch up the direction of this no-bake dessert. But, gimme all the chocolate.
Watch the video
Perfect for Potlucks
If you love chocolate then this is the layered dessert for you. It’s full of creamy, dreamy flavors and textures that make your taste buds happy. Because it’s layered into one pan, it’s the perfect take along for potlucks, parties and holidays. Since there’s no baking involved with this chocolate lasagna, you won’t have to heat up your kitchen making it perfect for warm months as well.
Changing the Topping
See the fun mini chocolate chips on top? You can even change the feeling of this no bake dream by substituting shaved chocolate for the chocolate chips. Use a vegetable peeler to shave a bar of bittersweet chocolate, creating short or long ribbons to sprinkle on top. Why bittersweet instead of semisweet or milk chocolate? You can certainly use whichever chocolate you prefer, but because there’s less sugar in a bittersweet bar, it simply shaves better creating prettier chocolate shavings for this chocolate lasagna. So while chocolate chips are fun for a barbecue or birthday party, you might want to try shaved chocolate for a holiday get together.
There are affiliate links in this post. That means if you buy something from that link, I will earn a small commission, but it won’t cost you anything additional.
You will need:
- 1 package Oreo cookies (36 cookies)
- 6 Tablespoons butter, melted
- 1 brick (8 oz) cream cheese, at room temp
- 1/4 cup sugar
- 3 1/4 cups milk, plus 2 Tablespoons, divided
- 1 tub (12 oz) of Cool Whip
- 2 (3.9 oz) packages instant chocolate pudding
- mini chocolate chips
Kitchen tools you’ll find useful:
I have a confession, I don’t like Cool Whip (persnickety, remember?) BUT I decided to try this Chocolate Lasagna anyway, and it was delicious! It was a hit at the barbecue and with how easy it is to make, you won’t mind volunteering to bring it to your next get together.
SCROLL DOWN FOR THE PRINTABLE VERSION
MORE DELICIOUS ONE-PAN POTLUCK DESSERT IDEAS
- It’s not pictured, but my Pineapple Dream Dessert is hands down the most popular recipe on this blog, year after year!
- You’ll probably like my Cream Puff Chocolate Eclair Cake too. It’s another one of those potluck recipes that everyone wants a slice of! Not only is it creamy and delicious, it’s pretty too. So next time you’re heading to a friend or relatives and need to bring a dessert, try this eclair cake!
- Not everyone approves of the name of this next recipe, so over the years it has taken on a few different titles. Here it’s called Sex in a Pan, but you may also know it as Chocolate Dream, Robert Redford Dessert or Better Than Anything Dessert. All I know is that three layers including cream cheese, pudding and whipping cream make for a party in your mouth!
- Speaking of potluck favorites, this Strawberry Jello Pretzel Salad is always a big hit! There are some families that absolutely insist it be served at every holiday.
- If you are a banana lover have I got a dessert for you! Make this delicious banana pudding poke cake and I promise you will not be disappointed.
- Or you can check out a collection of 30+ One Pan Dessert Recipes to find which suits you & your guests’ tastes!