Sex in a Pan. Also known as Chocolate Dream Dessert, Robert Redford Dessert or even Better Than Anything Dessert. You’ve heard of it right? It’s basically one of those delicious desserts that makes you moan in delight. Too much? Regardless, it’s delicious, almost impossible to resist and always goes over big. Don’t worry about finding room in the fridge for leftovers, because there won’t be any!
Sex in a Pan
There are a few different ways to make Sex in a Pan, but most recipes out there have very similar ingredients. A tender crust, cream cheese, chocolate pudding, whipped topping. As desserts go, what’s not to love?
So if you’re looking for something sweet, and easy, and irresistible… this is it. But if you’re hoping for leftovers for tomorrow, I suggest cutting a piece now and hiding it in the fridge. Because chances are there won’t be any Sex in a Pan left once you put it out! If easy desserts are your thing, this one is in my top five of all time!
Other amazing desserts
The most popular recipe on this blog, without question, is my Pineapple Dream Dessert. Just about everyone in the United States has made a version of this, or their mom, grandma, aunt or sister did. Everyone loves it, everyone raves about it. And I have to admit, I agree! Perfect for potlucks, barbecues and parties.
Another really popular dessert recipe is this decadent Cream Puff Chocolate Eclair Cake. Oh man! It’s truly creamy, dreamy delicious and absolutely irresistible. Another dessert that’s great for potlucks or any other type of take-along event.
It’s funny how a dessert can invoke an argument. When you have a Facebook following as large as mine, you tend to hear from more and more people. Whenever I post a link to this Traditional English Trifle I am met with comments telling me it’s not traditional. I was born in England and I still have plenty of relatives there. I’ve spoken with them and they say this version IS a traditional English trifle from their area. Regardless of what people think, it’s the trifle my family always made and it’s what I grew up eating at every holiday. Delicious!
And if you’re a trifle fan AND a tiramisu fan, I have a treat for you! These Tiramisu Trifles, which have conveniently been assembled in mason jars for easy transport, are a decadent treat for any get together. And if you can’t finish this rich dessert? No problem! Put the lid on and save it for the next day.
I hope you found something to enjoy today! Be sure to follow me on social media to keep up to date, or sign up for my free newsletter and I’ll send you emails when I have new stuff!
Sex in a Pan
Layers of chocolate and vanilla pudding make this amazing dessert!
Chocolate Shortbread Crust:
- 3/4 cup all purpose flour
- 1/3 cup brown sugar packed
- 1/4 cup unsweetened cocoa sifted
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 6 tablespoons unsalted butter cold , cut into small pieces
- 8 oz cream cheese softened
- 3/4 cup powdered sugar sifted
- 8 oz Cool Whip divided
- 3 oz instant french vanilla pudding 4-serving package
- 3 oz instant chocolate pudding 4-serving package
- 4 cups milk divided
- Sifted cocoa powder for garnish
- Preheat oven to 350 F degrees. Spray a 9x9 baking pan with cooking spray.
Add all dry crust ingredients to a food processor and pulse a few times to combine. Add cold butter pieces and pulse for 3-4 seconds at a time until mixture begins to come together. Crust is ready when it stays together when pinched. Press the mixture into the prepared baking dish. Place baking dish on a cookie sheet and bake it for 12-15 minutes, or until crust begins to puff up. Remove from oven and cool completely on a wire rack.
- Meanwhile, in a large mixer bowl, combine cream cheese and sifted powdered sugar until creamy. Add one cup of the Cool Whip to the cream cheese mixture and mix to combine well. Set aside until ready to use.
- Prepare each of the pudding mixes in separate bowls using two cups of the milk for each one. Chill in the refrigerator until ready to use.
- When crust is cooled, spread the cream cheese mixture over the crust evenly. Spread the chocolate pudding over cream cheese layer. Spread the vanilla pudding over the chocolate pudding layer. Spread remaining Cool Whip over the vanilla pudding. Chill for at least two hours to set.
- Right before serving, sift cocoa over the top as garnish.