Peanut butter and chocolate is one of those flavor combinations that work perfectly to create something that is better than either of them individually. This easy no-bake chocolate peanut butter lasagna is bursting with peanut-butter-chocolate-goodness just like this Chocolate Peanut Butter Fudge! Do you have a chocolate and peanut butter desserts lover in your life? This is the dessert for them!
Chocolate Peanut Butter Lasagna Recipe
Have you tried chocolate lasagna yet? This chocolate peanut butter lasagna takes that chocolate lasagna concept and bumps it up a notch… or three. You start with a crunchy, OREO-cookie based base, then top it with a cream cheese-peanut butter layer that is smooth and out of this world amazing, then top it with chocolate pudding, Cool Whip and copious amounts of peanut butter chocolate candies and melted peanut butter and chocolate for extra good measure!
You start with a crunchy, OREO-cookie crust, then top it with a cream cheese-peanut butter layer that is smooth and out of this world amazing. Next, top it with chocolate pudding, Cool Whip, and copious amounts of peanut butter chocolate candies, as well as melted peanut butter and chocolate for extra good measure!
Basically, you’re taking 5 different desserts that would be delicious and satisfying on their own and combining them to make the ultimate peanut butter and chocolate experience. The whole is definitely better than the parts in this recipe!
The peanut butter flavor in this dessert is not overwhelming and it doesn’t have the sticky texture of peanut butter. Instead, this dessert takes the best part of peanut butter – the flavor – and combines it with cream cheese and chocolate to make a perfectly balanced and delicious no-bake treat!
If you’re a peanut butter fan, you’ll have to check out my peanut butter bliss bars recipe and my favorite green smoothie that tastes like a peanut butter & banana milkshake! (From one peanut butter lover to another!)
Chocolate Peanut Butter Lasagna Ingredients
You will need:
- 24 OREOS (regular or flavored)
- 3-4 Tablespoons butter, melted
- 8 oz package cream cheese, softened
- 1 cup icing sugar
- 3/4 cup peanut butter
- 2 cups cool whip, divided
- 1 package chocolate pudding
- 2 cups milk (as called for on the box of chocolate pudding)
- 1/3 cup peanut butter candy melts
- 1/3 cup chocolate chips
- 2-4 Tablespoons shortening, optional
- 1/2 cup mini Reese’s cups, chopped
- 1/2 cup Reese’s pieces
Kitchen Tools You May Find Helpful:
- Hand Mixer
- Food processor
- Large mixing bowls
- 8×8 baking dish
- Measuring cups and spoons
- Offset spatula
- Small, microwave-safe bowls
Preparation tips for peanut butter chocolate lasagna
- It doesn’t matter whether you use a metal, ceramic, or a glass baking pan for this dessert because you won’t be placing it in the oven.
- A food processor will make creating the oreo crust a lot easier. However, if you don’t have a food processor you can place the Oreos in a gallon zipper plastic bag and use a rolling pin to crush them into crumbs. Then use a wooden spoon to mix in the butter.
- I prefer to use my KitchenAid mixer for creating the peanut butter and cream cheese layer, but a hand mixer does the job just as well.
- Be sure that you buy instant pudding mix and not the cook and serve type.
- While we use candy melts in this recipe, you can use a nice dark chocolate melted in the microwave. Or if you prefer a fancier look, use a vegetable peeler to shave bittersweet chocolate for the topping.
- If you are traveling with this chocolate peanut butter lasagna, be sure to keep it in the refrigerator until you are ready to leave. If possible, transport in a cooler with ice if your trip is longer than 30 minutes. When you arrive, pop it in your hostess’ refrigerator.
- If by some miracle you have leftovers, this lasagna dessert should be good up to 4 days covered in the refrigerator.
Want more peanut butter chocolate dessert recipes? Make sure to check out these delicious Chocolate Peanut Butter Cookies, they’ll have your mouth watering in peanut butter chocolate goodness! If you’re a peanut butter only fanatic try our Peanut Butter Dip, it’s a FAVORITE around here. Creamy peanut butter paired with crisp apples makes an ultra-yummy snack.