Fresh Raspberry Lemonade

Fresh Raspberry lemonade

This recipe uses fresh squeezed lemon juice and real raspberries, no juice concentrates. I like my lemonade a little on the tart side, so for me this is perfect. My daughter added a spoon of sugar and watered hers down a bit, then she loved it. So adjust the sugar to your own tastes.

I love this mixed half and half with iced tea! Yum!

Amanda’s Fresh Raspberry Lemonade
Makes 2 quarts

7 medium lemons
1 cup mashed fresh raspberries
1 heaping cup white sugar
water

First, reserve about 1/4 cup of the sugar and set aside. Pour the rest of the sugar into a medium saucepan. Add one cup of water. Stir and bring to a boil to dissolve sugar (this is called simple syrup). Turn off heat and let cool a bit.

Meanwhile, pour the reserved 1/4 cup of sugar over the mashed raspberries and let them sit for at least ten minutes to macerate.

While waiting for the berries, zest 6 of the 7 lemons. Place the zest into a zipper sandwich bag, squeeze out all the air, and put it in the freezer. Never cut up a lemon and waste the zest! :) Cut the six lemons in half and extract the juice (this should yield a little under a cup of juice). Cut the 7th lemon into slices. Set aside.

Pour the lemon juice through a strainer to eliminate the pulp and any seeds. Pour the juice into a 2 quart pitcher.

Push the macerated berries through a strainer using the back of a spoon. Pour the sweetened berry juice into the pitcher with the lemon juice.

Pour in the simple syrup (sugar water) into the pitcher and top off with water. Stir, add sliced lemons, and refrigerate.

More yummy drinks from Amanda’s Cookin’
Homemade Mocha Frappacinos
Slushie Floats – Homemade Slurpees

Here are some other tasty looking lemonade recipes you might like:
Watermelon Lemonade and Strawberry-Mint Iced Tea – from Joylicious
Passion Fruit Lemonade – from Always Order Dessert
Brazilian Lemonade – from Our Best Bites
Sparkling Strawberry Lemonade – from The Comfort of Cooking

31 Responses to Fresh Raspberry Lemonade

Mags says:

I can't tell you how many times I've made fresh lemonade and never thought to save/freeze the zest. Thanks for that tip!

This drink looks so refreshing for a warm summer day.

Culinary Cory says:

OMG! This sounds so refreshing right now!

Suzanne says:

I'm so thirsty right now this is a tease! Thinking I got to try this with blackberries because I have tons! Thanks!
    P.S. I love your craft blog too, I really don't know how you do it.

Sue Sparks says:

I've made it fresh with strawberries, but I'll have to try raspberries:) Perfect for summer!

Marie says:

That looks wonderfully refreshing Amanda!

You're welcome Mags! I always save lime, lemon and orange zest before cutting up the fruit :) I also freeze any leftover juice.

Hi Cory, nice to see you!!

Thanks for the compliment Suzanne :):)

Thank you Sue and Marie!

cookies and cups says:

Awesome! I always order "flavored" lemonade when we are out to eat, but I can only imagine that with the fresh ingredients it will be 10x better!!

Tasty Eats At Home says:

Oh Amanda, this looks SO good. :) I could go for a big iced down glass.

Joan says:

I recently found your blog and LOVE IT! What great ideas you have. I am going to also make the watermelon cookies. They are too cute.

girlichef says:

This looks amazing!!! YUM =)

I could seriously use a BIG glass of that…RIGHT NOW! It's hotter than Hades here in the Sunshine State & humid!

Gera @ SweetsFoodsBlog says:

So satisfying and refreshing lemonade – love the color!

Cheers,

Gera

5 Star Foodie says:

Raspberry lemonade sounds so refreshing, what a wonderful summer drink!

Krista says:

How completely refreshing! Once raspberries are in season here I definitely want to try this!

Kathy Gori says:

wow! This looks so good right now.

Avanika [YumsiliciousBakes] says:

I never save any zest. And then I'm always buying more for it! Thanks for the great tip, the lemonade looks delicious :)

Lynnylu says:

A lovely summer drink!

Cecilia says:

Just made this for a cook-out. It was amazing and very refreshing! I thought the sugar level was perfect. The raspberry flavor seemed to come out more over time.

Oh so glad you commented, I need to make some of this for tomorrow's barbecue!

[...] I’m making on the 4th:Blackberry Pie SquaresFresh Raspberry LemonadeWatermelon CookiesSour Cherry Almond CakeGarlic Marinated Chicken Cutlets and Grilled [...]

andrea says:

love this drink!!!… thanks for makeing a delisiouse drink i made it for my familly and they loved it. :D

Kate says:

A little confusing as to the final quantity of lemonade. You say use a 2 quart pitcher (that’s pretty BIG), and then the simple syrup is 1 cup, one cup of raspberry, one cup of lemon juice. Having made raspberry jam, I”m guessing you get about 1/2 cup of juice, so in total you have 2 1/2 cups of liquid. So to that I add 5 1/2 cups of water??? It would be nice to have exact measurements. Pretty pictures.

• 22.1

Hi Kate :) I’m sorry that you found this confusing. There are no exact measurements, just follow the instructions for the juices and simple syrup, it tells you to add them to the pitcher then to top off with water. So basically after adding the juice and syrup, fill the pitcher the rest of the way with water, leaving a little room for ice if you like. This recipe makes a 2 quart pitcher.

[…] Fresh Raspberry Lemonade from Amanda’s Cookin’ […]

bella8114 says:

i froze this in Popsicle molds for my family and they raved about how delicious they were!!!!!!!

[…] Fresh Raspberry Lemonade from Amanda's Cookin' […]

[…] Love to be in the Kitchen McDonald’s Frozen Strawberry Lemonade - CopyKat Recipes Fresh Raspberry Lemonade - Amanda’s Cookin’ Strawberry Lemonade - Seeing Sunshine Blackberry Lemonade - […]

[…] Fresh Raspberry Lemonade ~Amanda’s Cookin’ […]