This refreshing summer drink is made with fresh honeydew melon, lemons, and golden honey. It’s perfect for hot afternoons! No one, not even kids, will be able to resist this sweet Honeydew Lemon Slush.
Honeydew Lemon Slush
Sometimes in the summer, I feel too hot and tired to eat. That’s where frozen, nutrient rich smoothies and slushies come in. Thank goodness for straws and fruit! This honeydew lemon slush is refreshing, delicious and perfect for a sweltering afternoon.
There are affiliate links in this post. That means if you buy something from that link, I will earn a small commission, but it won’t cost you anything additional.
THINGS YOU’LL NEED:
- 1 cup of honeydew melon, cubed and frozen
- 1 lemon
- 1 teaspoon honey
- water and ice
- fresh mint for garnish
KITCHEN TOOLS YOU MIGHT FIND HELPFUL:
Begin by cutting the honeydew melon into small cubes. Freeze the melon on a parchment lined pan. Leftover melon can be stored in a freezer bag for future drinks!
Just a yummy thought—this recipe would also make amazing frozen popsicles! Simply pour the blended mixture into popsicle molds, then freeze!
RELATED: If you love cold summer drinks, you will definitely want to try this Limeade Slush.
Side note—My son wants me to mention that this drink is actually more smoothie than slush. I told him that is because while I was taking the pictures, the ice melted. But still, he doesn’t want me to mislead you. So I guess if you make the slush then take 50 pictures of it out in the sun, it becomes a smoothie! It’s a blessing and curse to have such an honest child.
SCROLL DOWN FOR THE PRINTABLE VERSION OF THIS RECIPE
More refreshing summer drink recipes:
- When my daughter (now 22) was 4 years old, she and her little friend always wanted Slurpees. So for years I’ve been making what we call Slushies. They are refreshing and tasty and a fraction of the cost of a Slurpee or Dairy Queen’s version called the Arctic Rush.
- Now that my daughter is an adult, she makes these Homemade Mocha Frappucinos all the time. It’s like having Starbucks in your pantry and refrigerator!
- There’s really no better time of the year to make an ice cold pitcher of easy strawberry lemonade than summer! Perfect for parties and barbecues.
- I’ve discovered something very simple and everyone that tries it completely agrees… my recipe is just as good as Olive Garden’s peach tea!
Want even more free recipes? Be sure to join my newsletter for FREE recipes and craft ideas sent to your email inbox every week.
- 1 cup honey melon cubed and frozen
- 1 lemon halved
- 1 tsp honey
- ice and water
- Place 1 cup of cubed and frozen honey dew melon in a blender.
- Squeeze half of a lemon onto the frozen melon.
- Add 1 tsp of honey to the blender.
- Toss in a handful of ice and enough water to cover the ice and frozen melon
- Blend until smooth.