I originally wrote about these on FamilyCorner.com and explained that years ago, when my daughter (now 15) was 4 years old, she and her little friend always wanted Slurpees. So for years I’ve been making what we call “Slushies”. Every summer the kids ask for them. They are refreshing and tasty and a fraction of the cost of a Slurpee or Dairy Queen’s version called the Arctic Rush.
Homemade Slushie Floats (Slurpees)Print
- 1 package of unsweetened Kool-Aid drink mix any flavor
- 2 cups of water
- 1/2 – 3/4 cup sugar
- 4 cups ice
- 1-2 scoops of vanilla ice cream
- In a blender, combine Kool-Aid, water, sugar and ice. Blend.
- Pour into two large glasses or four small glasses and add a scoop of vanilla ice cream.
- Add a straw and you are all set!
NEW! Be sure to subscribe to my newsletter, Foodie in the Craftroom, to receive updates and tips from both Amanda’s Cookin’ and Crafts by Amanda! Visit http://www.amandascookin.com/p/subscribe-to-newsletter.html