This Mexican Noodle Soup is my version of the classic Sopa de Fideos, you can easily make this soup at home with a handful of tasty ingredients. It’s bursting with delicious flavors, just begging you to make it! This classic reminds me of one of our most popular soup recipes, Italian Sausage Tomato Orzo Soup but with different pops of flavor, these two soups make my favorite list!
Mexican Noodle Soup: Sopa de Fideos
There are affiliate links in this post. That means if you buy something from that link, I will earn a small commission, but it won’t cost you anything additional.
Ingredients for Sopa de Fideos Mexican Noodle Soup
- one-7 oz package of Fideo or angel hair pasta broken into small pieces
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1- 14 oz can diced tomatoes
- 3- 14 oz cans chicken broth
- 1 small onion, chopped
- 1 large clove of garlic, coarsely chopped
- 1 tablespoon fresh chopped cilantro
- freshly ground black pepper
- course salt
Helpful Kitchen Tools
Bring to a boil then reduce to medium (gentle boil) until noodles are almost tender, about 7-8 minutes.