Have you tried our Lemon Lush recipe? It’s a divine, light dessert bursting with fresh summer flavors – and I wanted to come up with another version based on another favorite summer flavor – Pistachio! This Pistachio Lush is the perfect easy dessert for entertaining, especially when you want something decadent but not too heavy.
Pistachio Lush Recipe
This Pistachio Lush is the perfect easy dessert to make alongside a more complicated supper recipe since nothing is urgent and other than a quick bake of the crust, every other layer is simply mix and layer.
Ideally, you would let each layer set a bit in the fridge but once the crust is cooled you can really layer all three at once and set in the fridge until it’s time to serve. It’s a really forgiving recipe – and did I mention delicious?!
Lush is definitely an accurate description of this luscious dessert!
You’ve got a rich and buttery crust on the bottom, a luscious and sweet cream cheese layer, a thick and creamy pistachio filling, and then a light whipped topping studded with fresh pecans. (Or you can candy the pecans if you’d prefer.)
If you’re not sure if your guests will be fans of the yummy pistachio filling, feel free to substitute any other pudding flavor in its place. This is a great base recipe that can be changed up and customized so many different ways! You can use strawberry pudding for a strawberry & cream lush, or banana pudding for a fun take on Southern-style banana pudding.
There are affiliate links in this post. That means if you buy something from that link, I will earn a small commission, but it won’t cost you anything additional.
Ingredients to Make Pistachio Lush
- 1 cup flour
- 1/2 cup butter
- 1/2 cup pecans plus extra for garnish
- 2 1/2 cups whipped topping (like Cool Whip)
- 1/2 cup powdered sugar
- 1 package Pistachio pudding mix
- 8oz cream cheese
- 1 1/2 cups milk
Kitchen Tools You May Find Helpful
FIND THE PRINTABLE VERSION OF THIS RECIPE BELOW
- Preheat oven to 350F
- Combine the flour, butter and 1/2 cup pecans in a food processor and blitz until a ball of dough forms.
- Line a casserole dish with parchment paper and press the crust overtop into a flat layer.
- Bake 8-10 minutes until just lightly golden.
- Cool completely before adding on the lush layers.
- Combine the cream cheese, powdered sugar and 1 cup of whipped topping until smooth.
- Spread the cream cheese layer over the crust and place in the fridge as you prepare the pistachio filling.
- Combine the pistachio pudding mix and milk, and mix for 2 minutes until nice and thick.
- Pour over the cream cheese layer and spread evenly with an offset spatula.
- Top with the remaining whipped topping and garnish as desired.
- Chill until ready to serve.
Do you have a special event coming up that this pistachio lush would be perfect for? Lunch with friends, or a potluck? This would even be perfect for a light and refreshing dessert after a heavy barbecue.
Want more one-pan desserts that are great for large groups or potlucks?
- Lemon Lush
- Pineapple Dream Dessert
- Strawberry Icebox Cake
- Chocolate Lasagna
- Strawberry Jello Pretzel Salad