Quick bread and muffins are one of my favorite things for breakfast. They make marvelous after school snacks, but seeing that it’s summer, these ended up being “all day” snacks. When I saw the original recipe on Alicia’s, I knew I wanted to try it, but I didn’t have everything on the ingredient list. I am trying really hard to stick to my grocery budget, and while I had pears on hand, I did not have molasses. So instead of running off to the store, I chose to substitute honey instead. I also left out the nuts, since my family are a bunch of nut-a-phobes.
This was a really good quick bread. It makes two loaves, so instead, I chose to make one loaf and 12 muffins. However, I was a complete ding dong and forgot to take the muffins out after 25 minutes, so I ended up burning those. UGH. I will definitely make this again, but I liked it my way, not even sure if I would use molasses next time!
Honey Pear Bread
adapted from Spiced Pear Bread
Honey Pear BreadPrint
- 3 1/2 cups unbleached all purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 1/2 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1 teaspoon ground ginger
- 1 teaspoon ground nutmeg
- 1/2 teaspoon ground cloves
- 2 cups packed light brown sugar
- 1 cup canola oil
- 1/2 cup honey
- 2 teaspoons pure vanilla extract
- 4 eggs
- 4 medium pears peeled, cored and diced
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Grease and flour two loaf pans.
- In a bowl, whisk together the first eight ingredients. In a separate large mixing bowl, combine brown sugar, canola oil, honey, and vanilla. Add eggs, one at a time, mixing well after each addition. Stir in flour mixture. Fold in diced pears.
- Pour into prepared loaf pans. Bake for 55-65 minutes or until done. Cool in pans for 15 minutes. Remove from pan and cool completely.
(If you enjoyed this post, I’d truly appreciate a stumble, Digg, facebook share, whatever you like! :) )
NEW! Be sure to subscribe to my newsletter, Foodie in the Craftroom, to receive updates and tips from both Amanda’s Cookin’ and Crafts by Amanda! Visit https://amandascookin.com/p/subscribe-to-newsletter.html