One of the things I remember most about my childhood was when my mother made me cinnamon toast. Usually it was just toasted white bread, toasted, buttered and sprinkled with cinnamon sugar. She also loved cinnamon raisin bread and bought the red bagged Sun Maid brand all the time.
Related Recipe – Cinnamon Honey Butter
I love to make yeasts breads, don’t get me wrong, but also really enjoy a good quick bread. They certainly aren’t as intimidating as a yeast bread, and they don’t require the prep work a yeast bread does.
I actually made this two times and adapted the recipe to my liking. I added another egg and some baking powder.
Note: I adapted a recipe I found on a site called Honest Kitchen. So strange that when I went back to link to them their site was just gone. Now it’s a pet food store.
Anyway, this is very easy and quite tasty, though in my opinion, it’s best served warm. Don’t panic at the amount of cinnamon sugar. It’s seems like a lot, but it truly does the trick!
Cinnamon Raisin Swirl Quick Bread
IMPORTANT - There are often Frequently Asked Questions within the blog post that you may find helpful. Simply scroll back up to read them!Print It Rate It
- 2 cups unbleached all purpose flour
- 1 cup sugar
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1 cup buttermilk
- 2 large eggs
- 1/4 cup canola oil
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1/2 cup golden raisins
For the cinnamon mixture
- 1/3 cup sugar
- 2 1/2 teaspoons ground cinnamon
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F. Lightly grease the bottom and halfway up the sides of a 9x5 inch loaf pan. Place prepared loaf pan onto a baking sheet.
- In a large bowl, whisk together flour, baking soda, baking powder, and salt.
- In another bowl, combine milk, oil, eggs, and vanilla. Mix thoroughly. Beat sugar into mix until it is thoroughly creamed.
- Add wet ingredients to the dry ingredients all at once. Stir just until moistened and there are no more traces of flour. Batter may be lumpy, do not over mix. Gently fold in the raisins.
- Combine sugar and ground cinnamon to make the cinnamon swirl.
- Add 1/3 of the batter to the pan then sprinkle with cinnamon sugar. Add another 1/3 of batter and sprinkle with cinnamon sugar. Finally add remaining batter and top with remaining cinnamon sugar.
- Bake in preheated oven for 40 to 50 minutes, until a toothpick inserted into center of the loaf comes out clean. Allow loaf to cool in pan for 10 minutes then remove to a wire rack to cool completely.