Juicy chicken, full of marinated flavor, and cooked on the grill to perfection. A great way to usher in spring, welcoming the warm weather by heading out to dust off your grill. This recipe is excellent in cold weather too, especially if you are a winter griller like me. The marinade is simple, and actually very similar to this lemon juice and herb marinade that I use for pork chops all the time. Both marinades will work on either meat.
This recipe uses a disposable aluminum roasting pan, but you can grill however you choose. I found this method to produce juicy, tender results. Two more of my favorite grilled chicken recipes are these Garlic-Marinated Chicken Cutlets and this Chipotle chicken recipe.
Grilled Garlic Lemon Chicken Breasts
Grilled Garlic Lemon Chicken BreastsPrint
- 3 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 tablespoon lemon juice
- 1 teaspoon sugar
- 2 tablespoons water
- 3 medium garlic cloves minced or pressed
- 1 1/2 teaspoons salt
- 1/2 teaspoon pepper
- 4 boneless skinless chicken breasts
- disposable aluminum roasting pan
- Whisk all marinade ingredients together and pour into a glass dish or plastic gallon zipper storage bag.
- Cut 3 diagonal slits in the top of each breast, about 1/4" deep, to help soak up the marinade. Place the chicken into the marinade, turn to coat. Refrigerate and marinate for a minimum of 1 hour, up to 24 hours.
- Remove the chicken from the marinade, and let the excess drip off. Dab gently with paper towels.
- Preheat the grill on high, covered, for about 15 minutes. Open lid and brush grate with grill brush.
- Turn the grill temperature down to medium-low. Wad up a couple pieces of paper towel and grab the wad with a pair of tongs. Dip the wadded paper towel into some vegetable oil, then using the tongs, brush the grates with the oiled paper towel.
- Place the chicken onto the grill and cover with a disposable aluminum pan. Allow to cook for 6-8 minutes, long enough to create nice grill marks. Turn the breasts over and cover with aluminum pan for 6-8 minutes more.
- Turn grill temperature back up to high. Grill chicken a few minutes more on each side. Internal temperature should be 165.