This chicken salad with grapes is the perfect summer salad. Bring it along to a potluck, BBQ, or holiday gathering and serve it up on a crisp lettuce leaf or sandwich bun! To be honest, I make this chicken salad quite often and eat it right out of the bowl with a spoon!
Chicken Salad with Grapes
I remember the first time I ever tried chicken salad with red grapes in it. The thought actually repulsed me. Grapes in a chicken salad? Yuck! Nothing could be farther from the truth though. Anyone who has tried it will most likely agree with me (I haven’t met anyone yet that didn’t like the combo), and anyone who hasn’t tried it really needs to take the plunge.
Ingredients for Chicken Salad with Grapes
- 3 c. cooked chicken (or 3 cans)
- 1 1/2 c. red seedless grapes halved
- 1 c. sliced celery
- 1/3 c. sliced green onion
- 3/4 cup light mayonnaise
- pinch of dried ginger
- 1/2 tsp. salt
Kitchen Tip: I usually just buy a rotisserie chicken from Sam’s Club or the grocery store to make this salad. I cut the breast meat off the bird and cut it into cubes. I use the remainder of the chicken to make enchiladas.
Making Chicken Salad with Grapes
Combine mayonnaise, ginger, chopped pecans, and salt in mixing bowl. Stir in chicken, grapes, celery, and green onion.
Serve on a lettuce leaf or sandwich buns.
I challenge you to go ahead and bring this salad to your next gathering. I promise, you will get rave reviews and everyone will love it!
Looking for more Chicken Salad ideas?
Try this honey mustard chicken salad from Real Housemoms, this cranberry chicken salad from Diethood or this apple chicken salad from Snappy Gourmet. All of these offer a little sweet with your chicken salad, just like mine!
More appetizer ideas
Need more appetizer ideas for your next work gathering or holiday get-together? Check out some of our favorites here on Amanda’s Cookin’.
- Gouda and Sun-Dried Tomato Cheese Ball – perfect with sturdy cracker and travels well.
- Pineapple Salsa – beautifully presented in a halved pineapple, this is ideal for a summer party!
- Tortellini Pesto Pasta Salad – a really nice and light tasting dish that’s great for lunch.
- Cream Cheese Fruit Dip – such a favorite around here! Serve it with all sorts of fresh fruit.
- Cowboy Caviar – this chunky salsa-type snack is great served with tortilla chips.
- Rainbow Summer Pasta Salad – we love how this pasta salad brings out so many gorgeous colors!
- Pepperoni Pizza Puffs – such a fun snack for after school or for movie night.
- Grilled Corn and Zucchini Salad – another summertime favorite, this makes a great barbecue accompaniment.
This post was originally published on this blog on June 8, 2009.