This Egg Salad is comprised of all the classic ingredients for your traditional egg salad recipe. Mayo and Dijon mustard marry together all the components beautifully. While I have it’s sibling recipe up already, chicken salad with grapes, I think it’s about time I share with you this recipe, just in time for Fourth of July BBQ’s and gatherings!
- 6 boiled egg, chopped
- 1/4 cup mayonnaise (or to taste)
- 1 tbsp dijon mustard (or more to taste)
- 1 small dill pickle, minced
- 1 tbsp minced red bell pepper
- 1 tbsp fresh chives, chopped
- salt & pepper to taste (do this after combining all ingredients and taste testing)
How to make Egg Salad
Want more “salad” recipes to bring along to your next potluck? We’ve listed some of the best below!
IMPORTANT - There are often Frequently Asked Questions within the blog post that you may find helpful. Simply scroll back up to read them!Print It Rate It
- 6 eggs boiled and chopped
- 1/4 cup mayonnaise or to taste
- 1 tbsp Dijon mustard or more to taste
- 1 small dill pickle (or half of a large) minced
- 1 tbsp chives fresh, chopped
- 1 tbsp red bell pepper diced
- salt and pepper to taste do this after combining all ingredients and taste testing
- Combine all ingredients (except salt and pepper). Taste test and add salt and pepper if desired. Keep refrigerated in a tightly covered container.
This post was originally published on this blog on April 23, 2009.