It really doesn’t matter if this dessert is for children or adults, there’s just something about a layered Jell-O parfait that invokes a smile. An adult’s eyes will light up, and even if they are too “grown up” to show it, in their mind they are bouncing up and down in their chair with excitement.
If you’ve never experienced a layered Jell-O parfait you are truly in for a treat. This particular recipe includes cream cheese, but a lighter version for the creamy layer is just to use light Cool Whip or whipped topping. In fact, years ago when I was in Weight Watchers, it was one of the suggestions for a sweet treat. Sugar free Jell-O plus light Cool Whip, whip together with a whisk and refrigerate. Yum.
Easter is almost here and this is a perfect dessert to serve to the masses. In fact, you could make this in one big bowl, like a trifle dish, instead of using individual dessert dishes.
Plus, you don’t have to use raspberry, choose any flavor your heart desires. In fact, if you are expecting a lot of guests, imagine how beautiful the table would be with a variety of colors! Of course, that’s assuming you have that many dessert dishes in your cabinets.
Also, you might want to check out this super favorable one pan strawberry jello pretzel salad for another tasty Jello dessert!
Either way, these are delicious and will be devoured whether it’s a holiday or not. The full printable instructions are below, but here’s the basic run down.
Make one box of the Jell-O and divide it among the dessert dishes.
Put those in the fridge for about 2 hours or so. The gelatin has to solidify so you can add the next layer.
You’ll mix the second box of Jell-O with the cream cheese and some of the whipped topping (see the full instructions below).
Divide that mixture among the dessert dishes and refrigerate again.
When it’s ready, garnish with whipped topping!
Creamy Raspberry Jell-O Parfaits
Indulge with these super simple and ultra tasty creamy jello parfaits. Make these for a holiday gathering or just as a treat for you and the family!
- 6.8 oz raspberry gelatin 2 3.4-oz boxes
- 4 oz cream cheese
- 3 1/2 cups water divided
- 8 oz tub whipped topping divided
- 6 glass dessert dishes
- Mix the contents of one of the gelatin boxes with one cup of boiling water and stir to dissolve. Add one cup of cold water and stir. Divide the gelatin evenly among the dessert dishes, about 3-3.5 ounces per dish. Place in the refrigerator for 2-2.5 hours, enough time for the gelatin to solidify as you will be adding another layer on top.
- For the second box of gelatin, add powder to one cup of boiling water and stir to dissolve. Combine the gelatin mixture and the cream cheese in a blender or food processor and pulse to combine. Add 1/2 cup of cold water, pulse to combine, then add half of the whipping topping. Pulse everything together until smooth and pour on top of the gelatin in the 6 dessert dishes.
- Chill in the refrigerator until firm then top off with remaining whipped topping. You can serve as is or garnish with a few sprinkles or even some fresh raspberries!