Every Christmas we prepare Strawberry Jello Pretzel Salad as a holiday dinner side-dish and just like clock work, someone always remarks, “Mmm… how come we only eat this once a year?” Filled with savory caramelized pretzels, sweet berries, and creamy whipped topping, this easy jello dessert is sure to become a family favorite. This simple dish makes a perfect one pan dessert for any party or holiday gathering, you’ll impress people over and over again!
Strawberry Jello Pretzel Salad
This dessert is great for any time of year, but is especially popular at picnics, potlucks, parties, holiday dinners, and large family gatherings. It’s not the kind of “salad” that is healthy to eat…but we can pretend it is!
RELATED: If you are a strawberry fan, you will love this Fresh Strawberry Lemonade, perfect for summer!
There are affiliate links in this post. That means if you buy something from that link, I will earn a small commission, but it won’t cost you anything additional.
To Make Strawberry Jello Pretzel Salad You Will Need:
(full printable recipe is below)
- 1/4 cup sugar
- 2 cups crushed pretzels
- 3/4 cup melted butter
- 8 oz. softened cream cheese
- 8 oz. tub of whipped topping (thawed)
- 6 oz. box strawberry gelatin (Jello)
- 2 cups heated pineapple juice
- 10 oz. sliced, frozen strawberries (thawed)
Tools you might find handy:
- Rolling pin for crushing pretzels
- 13×9 baking dish
- Electric mixer
- Glass 2-cup liquid measuring cup
- If you can’t get tubs of whipping cream where you live or prefer to make your own, use a mixer with a whisk attachment to beat 1 cup of heavy whipping cream until soft/medium peaks form.
- You can heat the pineapple juice in a saucepan on the stove, or place it in a glass measuring cup and heat it in the microwave.
- To crush the pretzels, place about 2.5 cups into a zipper top plastic bag, squeeze out the air and seal. Smash the bag of pretzels with the rolling pin, then measure out two cups for the recipe. Eat the rest. :)
- Boxes of gelatin usually come in two sizes, you want the larger one, which is 6-ounces.
Crush the pretzels in a plastic bag with a rolling pin. This is a great cooking task for kids! Save some dishes by mixing the pretzels, melted butter, and sugar right into the dish you plan to serve the jello dish in.
I should warn you—Strawberry Jello Pretzel Salad is addicting! It’s hard to eat just one serving.
I hope you enjoy your ultra delicious Strawberry Jello Pretzel Salad!
More Jello recipes you might like:
- We love this Whipped Jello: Mandarin Orange Mousse , we made this for a few of our summer pot locks and was such a hit!
- This Cranberry Relish is the perfect relish dish for Thanksgiving dinner!
- Creamy Raspberry Jello Parfaits can be made with whatever flavor Jello-O you desire and makes for a simple yet beautiful looking dessert!
- A super simple Peaches and Cream Layered Jello dish makes an awesome one-pan dessert to bring to any get together!
- This Rainbow Jello from Must Have Mom is a colorful and tasty treat for a birthday party!