If you need a tasty dip and you like the flavors of avocado and tomatillos, you will want to try this! I’ll be making this again, only I think next time I might roast the tomatillos first for a different flavor. This is perfect with your favorite tortilla chips or on top of a big calorie laden pile of nachos. ;-)
There are affiliate links in this post. That means if you buy something from that link, I will earn a small commission, but it won’t cost you anything additional.
This is a quick recipe that requires minimal chopping, your food processor does all the work for you. I found this in the cookbook 650 Best Food Processor Recipes by George Geary and Judith Finlayson.
Sorry for the not so stellar photos. I was literally making it then serving it to guests at a barbecue and had zero time for staging!
Tomatillo Onion Avocado Salsa
This tomatillo onion salsa with avocado is a delicious alternative to traditional tomato salsa.
- 1/2 cup red onion quartered
- 1 pound tomatillos husked, rinsed and quartered
- 1 avocado peeled, pitted and halved
- 1 serrano chile
- 1 cup loosely packed fresh cilantro leaves
- 2 tablespoons freshly squeezed lime juice
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon hot pepper sauce
- In food processor pulse onion until chunky, about 10 times. place onion in strainer and rinse with water. Drain well and return to food processor.
- Add remaining ingredients and pule until you get the desired texture. This will take around 20 pulses, stopping now and then to scrape down the sides.
Excerpted from 650 Best Food Processor Recipes by George Geary and Judith Finlayson © 2010 Robert Rose Inc. www.robertrose.ca Reprinted with permission. All rights reserved.
[amazon_link id=”0778802507″ target=”_blank” locale=”US” container=”” container_class=”” ][/amazon_link]
Did you enjoy this post? Why not subscribe to my feed, or better yet, to my free newsletter – Foodie in the Craftroom, which provides not only recipes but crafts from my other blog, Crafts by Amanda too!
NEW! Be sure to subscribe to my newsletter, Foodie in the Craftroom, to receive updates and tips from both Amanda’s Cookin’ and Crafts by Amanda! Visit http://www.amandascookin.com/p/subscribe-to-newsletter.html