I love a glass of wine in the evening or when out with friends. Like most people who drink wine, I have a preference. While dry red wines are my favorite, I love a sweet and fruity wine sangria, especially at a party or get together. I’m going to show you how to make this party favorite White Sangria, which is perfect for any day of the year!
White Sangria Recipe
This white sangria has truly been a go-to recipe for family events or social gatherings for me. Even my daughter has asked for the recipes on multiple occasions because her friends love it so much! I promise you, this white sangria will be a hit. It’s perfect for just about any holiday gathering, BBQ or birthday!
Not to mention how beautiful the White Sangria really is. That’s an added bonus :)
If you connect with me on Instagram, you probably saw these…
How to Make Sangria
Sangria usually combines red or white wine, some sort of liqueur, and sometimes soda water for fizz. Then you add a bunch of gorgeous fresh fruit and let it sit. Yum!
As I said, I chose white Moscato, plus I added in Triple-Sec Liqueur, orange flavored, and club soda. Riesling or White Zinfandel are also great white wine choices, it just depends on your flavor preference.
Ingredients for White Sangria
While mine is a moscato sangria, you can certain go drier and use other white wines, such as Pinot Grigio or even Chardonnay. It just depends on your flavor preferences.
- 1 bottle (750 ml) White Moscato (or other fruity white wine like Riesling or White Zinfandel)
- 1/2 cup orange liqueur (like Triple-Sec)
- 1 liter club soda
- 1 peach, sliced
- 1 medium apple, sliced
- 1 orange, unpeeled and sliced
- 1 small lemon, unpeeled and sliced
- 8-10 medium strawberries, stems removed and halved
- 16 blueberries
- 16 blackberries
- Fresh mint for garnish (optional)
Helpful Kitchen Tools
I sliced up one orange, an apple, a peach, and a small lemon.
I also added some strawberries and threw in blueberries and blackberries as well.
Stir it all up.
Gaze into its beautiful eyes…
You really should let the flavors meld in the fridge, but I won’t judge if you have a glass now! This sangria was absolutely delicious, and perfect for the warm days of summer! I can’t wait to make more and try other wines and liqueurs.
We love this white sangria so much that we make it several times each summer. Another summer sangria I want to try is this pineapple sangria I found while poking around Pinterest. Looks delicious!
White Moscato Sangria
- 750 ml Moscato 1 bottle (or you can use Riesling or White Zinfandel)
- 1/2 cup orange liqueur like Triple-Sec
- 1 liter club soda
- 1 medium peach sliced
- 1 medium apple sliced
- 1 medium orange unpeeled and sliced
- 1 small lemon unpeeled and sliced
- 10 medium strawberries stems removed and halved
- 16 medium blueberries
- 16 medium blackberries
- Fresh mint for garnish optional
- Pour wine into a large pitcher. Add liqueur and soda water. Stir to combine.
- Add all the fruit and stir.
- Allow to sit and mingle in the refrigerator for a few hours.
- Serve chilled, garnish with fresh mint if desired.
This post originally appeared here on May 8, 2013.