Who says sangria is just for the summer? This Cranberry Sangria Recipe is full of fresh fall flavors and is a festive drink to serve to your guests without a ton of effort.
Cranberry Sangria Recipe
Sangrias are wonderful for not only infusing wine with delicious fruity notes, but they are also a great prep-ahead recipe that can allow you to serve specialty drinks to your guests without having to stop what you’re doing and mix a cocktail each time.
Sangrias are best about an hour before they need to be served, to give the wine a chance to breath and the fruits a chance to infuse that wine with some extra flavor.
I previously used pomegranate seeds in this recipe, but this time I opted to add just a touch of pomegranate-blueberry juice, as pomegranates are so small they can interfere with the sipping experience. I also really like using a Cranberry Wine (like this one) which is made with pure cranberries, for half of the wine called for in the recipe. It’s unexpected, tart and delicious.
There are affiliate links in this post. That means if you buy something from that link, I will earn a small commission, but it won’t cost you anything additional.
Ingredients Needed for Cranberry Sangria
- 1-750ml Red Wine (or half Cranberry wine, half red wine)
- 1 cup fresh cranberries
- 3 Tablespoons orange juice
- 3 Tablespoons pomegranate-blueberry juice
- 1 orange peel, sliced into small pieces for garnish
SCROLL DOWN FOR THE PRINTABLE VERSION OF THIS RECIPE
Kitchen Tools You May Find Helpful:
- Large pitcher
- Vegetable peeler
- Measuring cup
- Serving glasses
What is your favorite fall cocktail for serving to guests?
MORE DELICIOUS COCKTAIL RECIPES:
We’ve been putting together cocktail recipes for months, here’s just a sampling of the deliciousness you can find here.
- If pie is your thing, this peach pie cocktail is right up your alley and also perfect for fall.
- Being big ice cream fans around here, the butterscotch milkshake cocktail is one of our favorites!
- Blackberries are in season in the summer, but they can be had all year. So be sure to try ourblackberry gin martini at your next cocktail party.
- While the mai tai cocktail is probably more of a poolside drink, imagine yourself on a tropical island this fall with one of these in your hand.