I would imagine that you are probably getting tired of all the different ice cream recipes I’ve been posting. Yes? No? I can’t help it. I’ve been experimenting with my ice cream maker and my family has been loving all the different frozen treats its been churning out. This Nutella Swirl Cheesecake ice cream is absolutely no exception!
It’s time again for The Secret Recipe Club. I had the pleasure of having Carolyn’s blog All Day I Dream About Food for my October assignment. Carolyn is much like me in that she loves to cook and bake, however her blog changed about a year and a half ago when she was diagnosed with pre-diabetes. Soon after she changed her eating habits and the way she cooked so that she could still enjoy what she loved, only low carb and many are gluten free. So many of the recipes on her blog look totally amazing and I had a really hard time choosing!
That’s when I came across this ice cream. Now I really hope Carolyn doesn’t mind, but I didn’t have some of the ingredients that she uses in her low carb pantry, so I adapted her recipe to fit into what I had on hand. Mine is definitely not low carb, so if that’s what you are looking for, head over to Carolyn’s recipe for Nutella Swirl Cheesecake Ice Cream. It’s not only low carb but also gluten free!
Thank you Carolyn for this recipe, the kids LOVED it. My daughter said it tasted just like eating a piece of cheesecake, only in ice cream form. My Nutella obsessed 14 year old son proclaimed its amazingness. I’d say those were two raving reviews!
Oh and lastly, Carolyn has a recipe for making some Homemade Nutella here!
- 1 14- oz can sweetened condensed milk
- 8 oz cream cheese
- 6 oz Greek vanilla yogurt about heaping 1/2 cup
- 1 cup heavy whipping cream
- 2 tablespoons vanilla extract
- 1 tablespoon Nutella
- plus 1/2 cup Nutella for swirl
- In a mixer on low speed, combine the cream cheese and sweetened condensed milk for 20-30 seconds. Increase speed to medium and beat until creamy. Add Greek yogurt and continue beating. Slowly pour heavy cream in as the mixer in going, then add the vanilla extract. Finally, add one tablespoon of Nutella and beat on medium high for a minute or so until combined well.
- Transfer mixture to an ice cream maker and churn according to manufacturer's directions. Once churned, transfer to an air-tight container and dot blobs of Nutella on top. Use a butter knife to gently swirl in Nutella. Place plastic wrap flush to the surface of the ice cream and freeze until firm but not rock hard, about 1 hour.
‘); // ]]>