Colorful, gorgeous, delicious fruit salad! This is one of those recipes that makes the rounds in your family. Packed with fresh berries and tropical fruit and tossed with a sweet dressing, it’s always a hot item!
Why this recipe works
It’s funny how hard it is to get people to eat their fruits and vegetables, until you put this winning fruit salad in front of them. This is always a popular item at every backyard barbecue we have!
There’s a very simple dressing made from a little honey and fresh fruit juice. It adds just enough sweet to make this fruit salad worthy of a dessert title!
Make my favorite grilled pork chops, some Mexican corn to serve on the side, as well as this tasty vegetable quinoa salad. Serve with Easy Strawberry Lemonade (kid friendly) and Screwdrivers for the grown ups. Finish everything off with this amazing One Pan Banana Split for dessert. Enjoy!
RELATED: You might also be interested in – What Are the Healthiest Fruits?
Ingredients you will need
We don’t include bananas or apples in our recipe, but you certainly could. If you do, toss the apple slices in lemon juice first to keep them from browning, and only add bananas right before serving so they don’t get mushy.
How to Make Fruit Salad
These step by step photos and instructions are here to help you visualize how to make this recipe. Please scroll down to simply print out the recipe!
- Whisk together orange juice, pineapple juice, and honey. Set aside.
- Add fruit to a large bowl and add the dressing, tossing gently to combine. Cover and refrigerate for 1 hour before serving. Chill until ready to serve.
Expert Tips & FAQs
Because of the honey, the strawberries will begin to break down due to the natural sugar. So serving right away is ideal for a pretty fruit salad. On the other hand, the longer it sits, the better it tastes! So if you don’t mind the strawberries getting a little soft, leave it in the fridge for a few hours to let the flavors mingle.
When cutting the fruit, quarter the strawberries, halve the grapes, cut kiwi into quarters then slices, and leave blackberries and blueberries whole. If you are using regular sized oranges, peel and segment, then cut the segments in half.
My cousin insists on having fruit salad at every holiday. This is our family’s go-to recipe and it’s always a favorite. I hope you love it!
More Great Recipes for Potlucks and Parties
- Cream Cheese Fruit Dip
- Chicken Salad with Grapes
- Rainbow Summer Pasta Salad
- Watermelon Pizza
- Waldorf Salad
- Watermelon Salad
- Greek Salad
I love to bake and cook and share my recipes with you! I know it’s hard to remember to come back and search, so I’ve made it easy for you with my weekly newsletter! You can subscribe for free and I’ll send you delicious recipes every week right to your email.
IMPORTANT - There are often Frequently Asked Questions within the blog post that you may find helpful. Simply scroll back up to read them!Print It Rate It
- 2 tablespoons orange juice
- 2 tablespoons pineapple juice
- 1/4 cup honey
- 2 cups fresh pineapple wedges
- 1 pound strawberries hulled and quartered (about 2 1/2 cups)
- 3 kiwi fruit peeled, quartered and sliced (about 6 oz, or 1 1/2 cups)
- 1 1/2 cups fresh orange wedges halved (or fresh mandarin oranges)
- 1 cup red seedless grapes cut in half (about 5 oz)
- 1 cup blueberries about 5 oz
- 1 cup blackberries about 5 oz
- Whisk together orange juice, pineapple juice, and honey.
- Add fruit to a large bowl and add the dressing, tossing gently to combine.
- Cover and refrigerate for 1 hour before serving. Chill until ready to serve.