Try my Basil Scrambled Eggs too!
Eggs Baked in Ramekins wit Herbs: Oeufs en Cocotte aux Fines Herbes
IMPORTANT - There are often Frequently Asked Questions within the blog post that you may find helpful. Simply scroll back up to read them!Print It Rate It
- 1/2 tsp butter
- 1 ramekin 2.5 – 3? in diameter 1.5? high
- 2 tbsp whipping cream
- a pan containing 3/4? simmering water
- 1 or 2 eggs
- salt and pepper
- 1/2 tsp mixed fresh parsley chives, chervil or tarragon
- Preheat oven to 375 F.
- Butter the ramekin, saving a dot for later. Add one tablespoon of the cream and half of the herbs and set the ramekin in the simmering water over moderate heat.
- When the cream is hot, break into it one or two eggs. Pour he remaining spoonful of cream and remaining herbs over the egg and top with a dot of butter.
- Place in middle level of the hot oven and bake for 7 – 10 minutes. The eggs are done when they are just set but still tremble slightly in the ramekins. They will set a little more when the ramekins are removed, so they should not be overcooked.Season with salt and pepper and serve.
NEW! Be sure to subscribe to my newsletter, Foodie in the Craftroom, to receive updates and tips from both Amanda’s Cookin’ and Crafts by Amanda! Visit https://amandascookin.com/p/subscribe-to-newsletter.html
Latest posts by Amanda Davis (see all)
- Brussels Sprouts with Bacon, Shallots and Candied Pecans - September 21, 2023
- Fried Cabbage - September 18, 2023
- French Martini - September 12, 2023