Feeling too tired and hot to cook dinner? Me too. After a full day of squeezing in work, playgrounds, pools, and yard work, it’s awesome to come home to an easy dinner that practically cooked itself. In fact, I often find myself using my slow cooker more in the summer than the winter! Shared below is a delicious summer meal, Easy BBQ Crockpot Chicken. With bottled barbecue sauce as a base, it doesn’t get simpler than this!
SLOW COOKER CHICKEN BBQ
This chicken BBQ is perfect on rolls, in lettuce wraps, or plain. My children love to eat it for lunch with a side of fresh corn on the cob! It’s also super convenient to bring to cookouts with family and friends. But watch out…it won’t last long!
RELATED: Serving salad with your Chicken BBQ? Check out these amazing 15 Summer Salads!
THINGS YOU’LL NEED
Of course you could make a large amount of BBQ chicken in the slow cooker, then freeze it for easy and convenient meals with no cleanup! I like the sound of that!
There are affiliate links in this post. That means if you buy something from that link, I will earn a small commission, but it won’t cost you anything additional.
FOR THE CHICKEN:
- Fresh chicken breasts (4–5)
- 1 bottle of your favorite BBQ Sauce
Begin by pouring about 1 cup of BBQ sauce into the crockpot. Add the chicken, thawed or unthawed, then set your slow cooker to cook on low for 6–8 hours. Serve outdoors or indoors and enjoy!
SCROLL DOWN FOR THE PRINTABLE VERSION OF THIS RECIPE
More slow cooker meals your family will love:
- Crockpot Chicken and Dumplings soup is always a crowd pleaser. This classic and hearty soup recipe can be enjoyed year round, especially on rainy days!
- If my family had to choose a favorite, it would have to be these slow cooker barbecue country style ribs. Delicious!
- Another crock pot favorite is my To Die for Pot Roast, though my kids have always known it as “stringy roast”.
- Hearty sandwiches are always great for dinner, and these slow cooker meatball subs are perfect for taking along to football practice!
- If sandwiches or take-along dishes are a favorite, try this easy slow cooked pulled pork on for size.
Want even more free recipes? Be sure to join my newsletter for FREE recipes and craft ideas sent to your email inbox every week.