This summer spaghetti salad is sprinkled with cucumber, bell pepper, onion, olives, grape tomatoes, and crumbled feta for a mixture of crisp textures and fresh flavors alongside tender cooked spaghetti.
Why this recipe works
Spaghetti salad is a bright and colorful summer pasta salad that can be enjoyed many different ways. Mix in or substitute ingredients you’d like to add because there’s no wrong way when it comes to pasta salad.
We’re sticking to a Mediterranean-inspired spaghetti salad today, so we’re adding loads of fresh veggies, crumbled feta, parmesan cheese, and spaghetti then tossing it in a Greek dressing. This dish is floating with different textures and refreshing flavors, perfect for the flood of upcoming potlucks and barbecues this summer!
Ingredients you will need
Get all measurements, ingredients, and instructions in the printable version at the end of this post.
Ingredient Info and Substitution Suggestions
ADDITIONS – We like to keep the veggies as fresh as possible, but versatile! Grab a cucumber, red bell pepper, and red onion. You can add in or substitute whichever colored bell pepper you prefer. Yellow, red, or orange all work well. Grape tomatoes are always a welcome addition to pasta salad. Slice them in half so they’re easier to pick up with a fork. You can omit or substitute the olives if you aren’t keen on their flavor. Try chopped zucchini in its place.
DRESSING – This pasta salad has major Mediterranean vibes so we’ve opted for a store-bought Greek salad dressing. You can make your own if you prefer or switch up the dressing to your liking.
How to Make Spaghetti Salad
These step by step photos and instructions are here to help you visualize how to make this recipe. You can Jump to Recipe to get the printable version of this recipe, complete with measurements and instructions at the bottom.
- Cook the spaghetti according to box directions, removing from heat once they are al dente. Run the noodles under cold water. Place your cooked spaghetti in a large bowl.
EXPERT TIP– If you cook your pasta in advance, mix it with a little olive oil so it does not stick together.
- Top with the chopped and diced vegetables, feta, and Greek salad dressing, then sprinkle the parmesan cheese on top. Mix well until combined.
EXPERT TIP– The vegetables will fall to the bottom because they are heavier so make sure you mix deep into the bowl.
- Add salt and pepper to taste.
- Optionally garnish with fresh chopped parsley.
Frequently Asked Questions & Expert Tips
Absolutely! I recommend doubling the ingredients for a crowd. If you’re serving more than 10 guests, then go ahead and triple the ingredients listed below.
Yes, in fact, making pasta salad ahead of time lets the flavors meld together even more. I always like to make mine the day before so it has time to “marinate” with the dressing. The pasta will soak up quite a bit of the dressing if made in advance, so you may want to add a little extra before serving.
I love making and storing my spaghetti salad in these mixing bowls that come with fitted lids, which makes storing and transporting the salad so much easier. However, you can also store it in a regular air-tight container or even a large ziptop bag. Store in the refrigerator for up to 4 days.
Serve spaghetti salad as a side dish alongside greek chicken kabobs or as a potluck dish to share with a crowd. Optionally top with fresh chopped parsley and an extra dash of parmesan cheese.
More Potluck Recipes
- Broccoli Salad
- Mom’s Potato Salad
- Nana’s Macaroni Salad
- Tomato Cucumber Salad with Feta
- Grilled Corn and Zucchini Salad with Feta
- Watermelon Salad
- Greek Salad
I love to bake and cook and share my kitchen experience with all of you! Remembering to come back each day can be tough, that’s why I offer a convenient newsletter every time a new recipe posts. Simply subscribe and start receiving your free daily recipes!
IMPORTANT – There are often Frequently Asked Questions within the blog post that you may find helpful. Simply scroll back up to read them!Print It Rate It Text It
- 16 oz spaghetti cooked, 1 box
- 1 seedless cucumber chopped and quartered
- 1 red bell pepper chopped
- 1 medium red onion diced
- 1 cup sliced black olives drained, about 4.5 oz
- 1 1/2 cup grape tomatoes or cherry tomatoes, halved
- 1 cup feta crumbled
- 3/4 cup Greek salad dressing 3/4-1 cup, to taste
- parmesan cheese to top
- salt and pepper to taste
- parsley chopped, optional as garnish
Things You’ll Need
- Cook the spaghetti according to box directions, removing from heat once they are al dente. Run the noodles under cold water. Place your cooked spaghetti in a large bowl. If you cook your pasta in advance, mix it with a little olive oil so it does not stick together.
- Top with the chopped and diced vegetables, feta, and Greek salad dressing, then sprinkle the parmesan cheese on top. Mix well until combined. The vegetables will fall to the bottom because they are heavier so make sure you mix deep into the bowl.
- Add salt and pepper to taste.
- Garnish with fresh parsley.
Expert Tips & FAQs
- Nutritional facts are dependent upon the specific type of dressing you use. The nutritional facts provided does NOT include the dressing. Factor in the dressing that you use.
- You can make this salad a day in advance and store it in an airtight container kept in the refrigerator. The pasta will absorb quite a bit of the dressing overnight, so feel free to add a bit more before serving, if desired.
- Leftovers can be stored in an airtight container kept in the refrigerator for up to 4 days.
Latest posts by Amanda Formaro (see all)
- Italian Lasagna - March 20, 2023
- KFC Coleslaw Copycat - March 13, 2023
- Double Chocolate Cupcakes - March 7, 2023
Leave a Reply