This tomato cucumber salad with feta is light, refreshing, and perfect for summer gatherings. The best part, aside from the flavor, is that it all comes together in under 10 minutes!
Why this recipe works
Cucumbers, tomatoes, red onion, and feta cheese combine to make one flavorful crisp summer salad. It’s a quick, easy, and healthy side dish for holidays or cookouts.
This tomato cucumber salad with feta recipe has fresh ingredients that can easily be swapped to your own taste. Try adding a yogurt sauce to it in place of the olive oil as we did in our tzatziki salad, or throw in other veggies to compliment the flavor profile.
Ingredients you will need
Get all measurements, ingredients, and instructions in the printable version at the end of this post.
TOMATO – Fresh vine ripe tomatoes are the go-to for this cucumber salad, however, you can use cherry tomatoes if you’d like. Some people like a smaller chop when it comes to the tomatoes so feel free to make your cuts smaller as well.
CUCUMBER – We left the cucumber unpeeled but you can peel it first before slicing if you’re not a fan of the skin.
FETA – You can skip the feta if you desire and the salad would still be delicious. You can use either pre-crumbled feta or a block of feta that you crumble yourself.
How to Make Tomato Cucumber Salad with Feta
These step by step photos and instructions are here to help you visualize how to make this recipe. You can Jump to Recipe to get the printable version of this recipe, complete with measurements and instructions at the bottom.
- Slice the cucumbers into decent-sized wedges, slice the cucumber into quarter-inch thick slices, and cut the red onion into thin half-moons.
- Place all the veggies into a mixing bowl, followed by the rest of the ingredients, and toss to coat thoroughly.
Frequently Asked Questions
There’s lots of options when it comes to adding things to this salad. Sliced avocado, dill, cilantro, squeezed lemon, fresh garlic, chickpeas, and olives are all great choices. You can also make it into a pasta salad by adding bowtie or other pasta noodles!
Though this salad is best served fresh, you can store it in an air tight container kept in the refrigerator for around 3 days. The longer your salad sits, the less crisp it becomes. If you want to make it ahead of time, I’d recommend holding off on the dressing until you’re ready to serve.
Every year I grow a bounty of tomatoes, cucumbers, and onions so this tomato cucumber salad with feta is an awesome way to use up that garden produce!
More Cucumber Recipes
- Cucumber Salad
- Cucumber Sandwiches
- Greek Salad Sushi
- Mini Cucumber Sandwiches
- Cucumber Tropical Smoothie
- Watermelon Salad
I love to bake and cook and share my kitchen experience with all of you! Remembering to come back each day can be tough, that’s why I offer a convenient newsletter every time a new recipe posts. Simply subscribe and start receiving your free daily recipes!
Tomato Cucumber Salad with Feta
IMPORTANT – There are often Frequently Asked Questions within the blog post that you may find helpful. Simply scroll back up to read them!Print It Rate It
- 4 vine ripe tomatoes sliced into wedges
- 1 cucumber small, sliced
- 1/3 red onion sliced into half moons
- 1/3 cup feta cheese crumbled
- 4 Tbsp olive oil
- 2 tsp coarse sea salt
- 2 tsp freshly ground black pepper
Things You’ll Need
- Slice the cucumbers into decent sized wedges, slice the cucumber into quarter-inch thick slices, and slice the red onion into thin half moons.
- Place all the veggies in the bowl, followed by the rest of the ingredients and toss to coat thoroughly.
Expert Tips & FAQs
- Salt and pepper to your taste. Some people leave the salt and pepper out altogether. This one is totally up to you.
- Though this salad is best served fresh, you can store it in an air tight container kept in the refrigerator for around 3 days. The longer your salad sits, the less crisp it becomes. If you want to make it ahead of time, I’d recommend holding off on the dressing until you’re ready to serve.
Latest posts by Amanda Formaro (see all)
- Italian Lasagna - March 20, 2023
- KFC Coleslaw Copycat - March 13, 2023
- Double Chocolate Cupcakes - March 7, 2023
Leave a Reply