Have you ever made stroganoff from scratch? If you haven’t, it might seem like a difficult, time-consuming, task…meant only for seasoned home cooks. But this recipe for Mushroom Stroganoff Skillet-Style is just the opposite. In fact, once you make it, you’re on your way to becoming a stroganoff expert!
Mushroom Stroganoff Skillet-Style
Everybody loves stroganoff, right? To me, it’s a favorite comfort food that satisfies cravings for creamy, but simple, decadence. In fact, it’s so simple, it’s perfect for busy, back-to-school, weeknights. This mushroom stroganoff skillet reminds me of the creamy goodness of this Mushroom Risotto. You just can’t beat the creaminess mixed with mushrooms in these two recipes.
Now, if you have never made a béchamel (white sauce) from scratch, never fear. This recipe will have you up and running in no time and you’ll barely even realize that you’re making one of the most popular sauces in the culinary world. And it’s so easy!
RELATED – if you are a mushroom lover like me, you must try these stuffed mushrooms, they are the best!
Here are the very basic steps to getting this one-skillet wonder from one-to-done:
- sauté all vegetables in melted butter and oil
- Add flour
- Add liquids
- Heat and stir until creamy
- Serve over pasta
That’s it! Of course, it’s more detailed in the actual recipe below, but it’s not complicated, even if you’re not a kitchen ninja.
If you want more vegetarian skillet recipes for busy weeknights, head on over to my 30-Minute Vegetarian Skillet Enchiladas and my Mushroom Sesame Quinoa With Scallions. Both are quickly becoming popular, one-pan recipes that keep meatless Monday meals anything but boring.
There are affiliate links in this post. That means if you buy something from that link, I will earn a small commission, but it won’t cost you anything additional.
Ingredients you will need for Mushroom Stroganoff Skillet-Style
- 1 tablespoon butter
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 large shallot, diced
- 3 garlic gloves, finely grated
- 1 lb. mushrooms, loosely chopped
- 2 tablespoons all-purpose flour
- 1/4 cup white wine
- 1/2 cup half and half
- 1.5 cups vegetable broth
- 1/4 cup Italian flat-leaf parsley, finely chopped
- 1/2 teaspoon black pepper
- 1/4 teaspoon kosher salt
Kitchen tools you may find helpful:
SCROLL DOWN FOR THE PRINTABLE VERSION OF THIS RECIPE
MORE CASSEROLE RECIPES YOU MIGHT LIKE:
If you like skillet dinners, try our tuna casserole in the skillet too!
- This delicious and hearty Taco Casserole will quickly become a family favorite. Seasoned beef, tasty beans, melty cheese and salsa with just enough chips!
- Bacon Cheeseburger Pasta combines elbow macaroni, ground beef, and bacon along with cheddar and mozzarella cheeses for a hearty weeknight family dinner!
- Potatoes Au Gratin are a long time comfort food favorite. Potatoes Au Gratin with Bacon and Leeksmakes for a delicious casserole side dish.
- Have you ever heard of John Wayne Casserole? There’s an interesting story, but what’s important is that this beef and biscuit casserole is delicious!