Homemade Candy Recipes
Seems like people just don’t make homemade candy recipes as much anymore and I’ve noticed the price for “homestyle candy” at the stores is skyrocketing!
These are simple recipes with simple ingredients – but for some reason, people seem intimidated by them. So we went out in search of the best and most simple homemade candy recipes.
Whether you are a beginner or adept at homemade candy making, you will find delicious, new-to-you recipes in this collection. Some will require the use of a candy thermometer (highly recommended) while others just need a bowl and a microwave! From fudge and brittle hard candy to candy bars and gummy candies, you will find something for every sweet tooth below!
Homemade Fudge Recipes
(Clockwise from top left corner)
- This homemade Bailey’s fudge has just three ingredients and is a decadent, grown-up treat!
- Is there a flavor combination better than Chocolate & Peanut Butter? I don’t think so – so this Chocolate & Peanut Butter fudge was an easy choice!
- If you like your chocolate with a little bit of crunch, check out this homemade Chocolate Walnut Fudge!
- White Chocolate Cranberry Fudge is such a pretty and festive dessert! Swap out the mix-ins for other times of the year.
- These Red Velvet Oatmeal Fudge Bars are the perfect combination of crunchy and smooth.
- A hot-chocolate fudge with two layers of white and milk chocolate topped with mini hot chocolate marshmallows from Sugar, Spice & Glitter.
- Another PB & Chocolate dessert for my fellow fans, Peanut Butter Cookie Cups – yum! (not pictured)
- Salted Dark Chocolate Peanut Butter Cups sound even better than the original! (Flavor the Moments) (not pictured)
- If you have 6 minutes, you can make these 6-minute Microwave Caramels from Spend with Pennies. (not pictured)
- Whether you call it honeycombs or seafoam candy, this recipe from All Roads Lead to the Kitchen is delicious! (not pictured)
- Who wouldn’t go crazy for these Homemade Twix Bars from Dinner, then Dessert. (not pictured)
- Easy Pumpkin Pie Fudge is one of our favorites to make for fall and Thanksgiving gatherings!
Hard Candy Recipes
- Save this Maple Syrup Snow Candy for the next time you have a fresh snowfall! (from Happy Hooligans)
- Sea Glass candy can be made in just about any color, but I love this seafoam color version from The View from Great Island.
- Candy meets science with these DIY Agate Candy Slices from Sugar, Spice & Glitter.
- It’s shockingly easy to make your own Candied Citrus Peel to add to treats (or enjoy on its own!)
- The original homemade candy recipe: Saltine Toffee is always a favorite at parties!
- Peanut Brittle is one of my favorite hard candies – if you haven’t tried it yet, you need to!
Homemade Candy Recipes: Truffles & Things
- Divinity Candy is a church bazaar classic that you can easily make at home. (From the Idea Room)
- Oh, I can’t even imagine how amazing these Meyer Lemon-filled Chocolates from the View from Great Island must taste!
- Chocolate. Caramel. Cashew. Clusters. Yes, please!
- Skip the chocolate shop and make these Chocolate Turtles at home!
- Pomegranates, Pistachios, Ginger and Chocolate – you can find them all in this delicious bark recipe from Nutmeg Nanny.
- Hearts aren’t just for Valentine’s Day – but you can also make these Chocolate-covered Fruit Truffles in any other shape you wish!
- Buckeyes are an Ohio tradition that the rest of the country needs to try! (from Nutmeg Nanny)
- If you have a Butterfinger fan in your home, you need to make these Butterfinger Tornado Truffles from Tastes of Lizzy T.
- You will not believe how easy these candy bars are to make! (below)
There are just too many amazing homemade candy recipes to choose from!
Other Delicious Candy Recipes
- Wrap up some White Chocolate Candy Cane Pretzel Sticks and tie them with a bow for a homemade Christmas gift. (not pictured)
- Peppermint Candy Cane Bark makes the perfect wrapped Christmas gift for friends and family. (not pictured)
- Candy bark is a delicious and easy treat that you can customize for any occasion! (not pictured)
- Delicious homemade Orange Creamsicle Gummies are the perfect accompaniment to a summer party. (not pictured)
- Slow Cooker Chocolate Peanut Candy is one of my favorites for making for gifts – this recipe from Dinner, then Dessert makes a ton! (not pictured)
- And we can’t forget Easter Crack for Easter! This bark also makes a great Easter basket stuffer. (not pictured)
- Crunchy Popcorn Chocolate Bark makes a great snack for the kiddos (or adults!) for movie night. (not pictured)
- I had never heard of Old Fashioned Potato Candy, but this recipe from How Does She sounds delicious! (not pictured)
- Did you know that you can make your own Gummy Candy at home?! (from Easy Peasy and Fun, not pictured)
- Don’t miss our chocolate covered strawberries, ideal for just about any and every occasion and holiday. (not pictured)
Which are your favorite homemade candy recipes?
This post originally appeared here Jan 10, 2018.