Sweet melon Midori, white rum, and lemon-lime soda mix together to create this fun and colorful grinch cocktail. Garnish with a green sugared rim and a cherry to symbolize the grinch’s heart!
Why this recipe works
This grinch cocktail is sweet, but not overpowering thanks to the rum. Want it a bit sweeter? Add a dash of simple syrup to the glass. Combining melon flavored Midori, rum, and lemon-lime soda makes this drink fruity and colorful with a light bite.
Ingredients you will need
Get all measurements, ingredients, and instructions in the printable version at the end of this post.
Ingredient Info and Substitution Suggestions
LIQUOR – Feel free to use a citrus rum if you’d like. Be sure it’s white rum (not dark) so the green color from the Midori can shine. If you aren’t a fan of rum, try triple sec to amp up the citrus flavor in this drink. Vodka can also be substituted for rum.
SODA – Your favorite type of lemon-lime soda is can be used here. We like 7-Up or Sprite.
How to Make a Grinch Cocktail
These step by step photos and instructions are here to help you visualize how to make this recipe. You can Jump to Recipe to get the printable version of this recipe, complete with measurements and instructions at the bottom.
- Dip rim of glass in lime juice, or rub it with a lime wedge. Then, dip it in the sugar.
- Fill a rock glass halfway with ice.
- Pour in Midori and rum.
- Top off glass with lemon lime soda.
- Garnish with maraschino cherry (with stem)
Frequently Asked Questions & Expert Tips
If you don’t like rum, try vodka or an orange liqueur like triple sec for this cocktail. Flavored vodkas can be used if you prefer, as vodka doesn’t have as much flavor as rum.
Optionally garnish your grinch cocktail with a green or red sugared rim and a maraschino cherry for an extra festive look. Serve over ice.
More Holiday Cocktail Recipes
- Spiked Cherries
- Hot Buttered Rum
- Hot Chocolate Cocktail
- Cranberry Holiday Punch
- Homemade Eggnog Cocktail
I love to bake and cook and share my kitchen experience with all of you! Remembering to come back each day can be tough, that’s why I offer a convenient newsletter every time a new recipe posts. Simply subscribe and start receiving your free daily recipes!
IMPORTANT – There are often Frequently Asked Questions within the blog post that you may find helpful. Simply scroll back up to read them!Print It Rate It
- 1.5 oz Midori
- 2 oz white rum or vodka/triple sec
- splash of lemon lime soda to top the glass, about 1.5 – 2 oz
- maraschino cherry
- green sanding sugar and lime wedge for rim
- Dip the rim of the glass in lime juice, or rub it with a lime wedge. Then, dip it in the sugar.
- Fill the rock glass halfway with ice.
- Pour in Midori and rum.
- Top off glass with lemon-lime soda.
- Garnish with a maraschino cherry.
Expert Tips & FAQs
- Nutrition facts do not include lemon-lime soda.
- Optionally substitute the rum with vodka or triple sec.