I’ve never actually had an Enchirito from Taco Bell, but my husband loves them. It’s quite simply a burrito and an enchilada in one. He’s been bugging me about making them at home, so I just made a beef and bean burrito and covered it in enchilada sauce.
Taco Bell has a picture of their Beef Enchirito on their website. It’s described as “a warm, soft flour tortilla wrapped around seasoned ground beef, hearty beans, diced onions, real cheddar cheese, and tangy red sauce”.
I used my homemade enchilada sauce and my homemade taco seasoning to create this recipe. You can certainly use the prepackaged taco seasoning and canned enchilada sauce if you like, or use your own homemade alternatives. Since I’m always looking for ground beef dinner ideas, I decided this would be a good addition that everyone likes!
I warmed the tortillas in the microwave, then added a couple tablespoons of prepared taco meat, sprinkled on some diced onion, then finished with 3 tablespoons of refried beans on top. Fold the tortilla burrito style.
[NOTE: These photos were taken using small tortillas, I was using the leftovers to make some minis. :) ]
At this point you could add warm enchilada sauce on top and sprinkle with cheese and serve, or you could place all the burritos into a 13×9 baking pan. Top them with the enchilada sauce and shredded cheddar cheese and bake at 350 F for 20 minutes.
Taco Bell Enchirito Copycat
IMPORTANT - There are often Frequently Asked Questions within the blog post that you may find helpful. Simply scroll back up to read them!Print It Rate It
- 6 extra large flour tortillas burrito size
- 1 pound ground beef
- 1 ounce envelope taco seasoning mix or Amanda's homemade taco seasoning
- 1 small onion diced
- 15 ounce can refried beans
- 15 ounce can enchilada sauce or Amanda's homemade enchilada sauce
- 1 1/2 cups shredded cheddar cheese
- Brown the ground beef and drain. Add taco seasoning and 1/2 cup of water. Bring to a boil then turn down to low and simmer 15-20 minutes.
- Meanwhile, prepare enchilada sauce or empty can of sauce into a saucepan and heat over medium heat.
- Warm refried beans in the microwave.
- Warm tortillas in the microwave. Spoon two tablespoons of seasoned beef into the middle of the tortilla. Sprinkle beef with diced onion. Spoon 3 tablespoons of refried beans on top of the beef.
- Fold burrito style and top with warm enchilada sauce. Sprinkle with shredded cheddar cheese.
- Alternatively, you can place burritos in a 13x9 baking pan, top with enchilada sauce and cheese and bake uncovered for 20 minutes in a 350 F oven, or until cheese is melted.