Recently, we had a “Pirates of the Caribbean” movie night so I knew I wanted to make some rum punch cocktails to salute Captain Jack Sparrow! Rum is a wonderful mixer for summer, pairing well with so many fruity flavors.
Rum Punch Cocktail Recipe
This recipe comes straight from the Caribbean – and each island seems to have their own version of this classic cocktail. I went with a Jamaican vibe for the recipes I included with our meal (banana fritters, jerk shrimp and rice, and a Jamaican tossed salad) so naturally, I went with the Jamaican version of the rum punch cocktail.
What’s different about their version is the inclusion of lime juice and the heavy use of grenadine syrup. Feel free to skip the grenadine if you’re looking for something less sweet.
How to Make a Rum Punch Cocktail
There are affiliate links in this post. That means if you buy something from that link, I will earn a small commission, but it won’t cost you anything additional.
- 2 cups pineapple juice
- 2 cups orange juice
- 1 1/2 cups dark rum
- 1/4 cup fresh lime juice
- 3 tablespoons grenadine syrup
- Citrus slices, garnish
- Maraschino cherries, garnish
Kitchen tools you may find useful:
How to mix your cocktail:
- In a large pitcher, mix the pineapple, orange and lime juices. Add the rum and set aside.
- For each individual serving glass, pour in one tablespoon of grenadine syrup (or simply the syrup from the maraschino cherry jar). Fill the glass with ice.
- Prepare your garnishes beforehand by skewering citrus slices and cherries for a cute, tropical garnish and also to let guests know what flavors they will taste in their drink.
- When ready to enjoy, pour the rum punch into each glass to allow for a sunset effect. The drink will be red and the bottom and gradually fade to orange at the top.
- Garnish and serve.
Are you a rum drinker? What’s your favorite way to enjoy rum?
SCROLL DOWN FOR THE PRINTABLE VERSION OF THIS RECIPE
MORE COCKTAIL RECIPES YOU WILL LOVE:
If there was ever a cocktail that belonged by the pool it’s the classic Pina Colada! Perfect for summer.
Another summertime favorite is this Blue Mermaid Cocktail, begging to accompany you to the beach or poolside!
This refreshing and frothy drink will remind you of your favorite coffee house treat. Be sure to try this Kahlua Frappuccino!
Want even more free recipes? Be sure to join my newsletter for FREE recipes and craft ideas sent to your email inbox every week.