A fruity, sweet concoction made with coconut water, pineapple juice, blue curacao, and coconut rum. This ocean water cocktail will immediately transport you to the beach!
Why this recipe works
With vibrant blue colors and tropical vibes, this ocean water cocktail is a crowd-pleaser in both the looks and taste department. We’re always on the hunt for blue cocktails like our blue lagoon and blue mermaid because there’s something about that citrusy Caribbean blue Curaçao that makes you feel oh so good, plus they’re so pretty to look at.
Ingredients you will need
Get all measurements, ingredients, and instructions in the printable version at the end of this post.
Ingredient Info and Substitution Suggestions
LIQUEUR – You wouldn’t have that gorgeous blue ocean color without Blue Curaçao, so I would highly suggest keeping it in the recipe. Blue Curaçao has strong citrus notes as its made from the dried peel of the Caribbean bitter orange, laraha. You could substitute the coconut rum for regular white rum, but if you do, we’d suggest adding a touch of simple syrup to the cocktail as the coconut rum adds sweetness.
How to Make an Ocean Water Cocktail
These step by step photos and instructions are here to help you visualize how to make this recipe. You can Jump to Recipe to get the printable version of this recipe, complete with measurements and instructions at the bottom.
- For a coconut rim, dip the edge of the glass in light corn syrup, then dip into flaked sweetened coconut.
- Place the coconut water, pineapple juice, blue curacao, and coconut rum into a cocktail mixing glass.
- Stir to combine. Serve over ice with your favorite garnishes.
Frequently Asked Questions & Expert Tips
Yes, this recipe only makes one cocktail, so you can multiply the ingredients needed for however many people you plan on serving and add it all to a pitcher. Give it a good stir before serving in individual glasses.
We love serving this ocean water cocktail at backyard cookouts or pool parties alongside some mango salsa, fruit salad, or pineapple salsa. Garnish with sliced orange, cocktail umbrellas, colorful paper straws, and of course, a coconut-coated rim.
More Tropical Cocktail Recipes
- Rum Punch
- Coconut Mojitos
- Tropical Rum Slush
- Blue Hawaiian Mai Tai
- Pineapple Rum Slush
- Painkiller Cocktail
I love to bake and cook and share my kitchen experience with all of you! Remembering to come back each day can be tough, that’s why I offer a convenient newsletter every time a new recipe posts. Simply subscribe and start receiving your free daily recipes!
Ocean Water Cocktail
IMPORTANT – There are often Frequently Asked Questions within the blog post that you may find helpful. Simply scroll back up to read them!Print It Rate It
- 1/4 cup coconut water
- 1/4 cup pineapple juice
- 2 oz blue curacao
- 1 oz coconut rum
- flaked sweetened coconut
- light corn syrup
Things You’ll Need
- To make a coconut rim, dip the edge of the glass in light corn syrup, then dip into flaked sweetened coconut.
- Place the coconut water, pineapple juice, blue curacao, and coconut rum into a cocktail mixing glass. Stir to combine. Serve over ice with your favorite garnishes.
Expert Tips & FAQs
- This recipe will taste good with white rum as well, however, if you decide to use white rum in place of coconut rum, we’d suggest adding some simple syrup to the mix to help sweeten it up a bit.
- The nutrition facts do not include a coconut rim or any garnishes.