This mixed summer berry trifle recipe is a delightful, showstopping and delicious no-bake dessert, making it perfect for those warm weather events and gatherings. It has two layers of angel food cake, sweet vanilla-lemon cream cheese, vanilla pudding, mixed berries and topped with cool whip and more mixed berries. You can make it ahead and add the toppings right before serving!
Mixed Summer Berry Trifle
Hey Everyone, Looking for a showstopping and crowd-pleasing dessert for Summer? Look no further than this Mixed Summer Berry Trifle! This beautiful trifle would be perfect to bring along to a Memorial Day cookout, or for a Fourth of July party!
The name of the game with this recipe is to make a beautiful dessert with minimal effort and maximum satisfaction in the tasty and delicious department:)
You can use a store bought angel food bundt cake from your grocery’s bakery section. Of course, if you have extra time, you can bake your own, but I want to make this lovely dessert as easy and doable as possible for busy people!
Really, don’t we all just want to dive right into this Mixed Summer Berry Trifle? It’s the kind of dessert we wait for all Winter long!
SCROLL DOWN TO THE BOTTOM OF THIS POST FOR THE FULL PRINTABLE VERSION
Ingredients for Mixed Summer Berry Trifle
- 1 (10 ounce) store-bought angel food cakes from your grocery’s bakery section
- 8 ounces (1 package) Neufchatel or same amount Cream Cheese or Mascarpone cheese
- 1/2 cup granulated white sugar
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 tablespoon freshly squeezed lemon juice (about 1/2 lemon)
- 2 pounds strawberries, plus more for garnishing top
- 6 ounces blackberries
- 6 ounces raspberries
- 1 (3.4 ounce) package Vanilla flavored Instant Jello pudding
- 2 cups cold milk (for pudding)
- 1 (8 ounce/226 grams) container Cool Whip (you can substitute the same amount whipped cream)
- remaining strawberries
- remaining blackberries
- remaining raspberries
- fresh mint leaves amount to taste
Kitchen Tools for Mixed Summer Berry Trifle
- mixing bowls
- measuring spoons and cups
- baking spatula
- offset spatula (for spreading layers)
- cutting board
- Chef’s knife
- 1 (13 inches wide) clear/glass trifle serving dish (about 5 quarts) (the one in these photos is by the “Anchor Hocking Company” from Target or Amazon.com)
- bowls or parfait glasses for serving
You can further customize this trifle to your liking, how about drizzling some berry or chocolate sauce, perhaps a scoop of ice cream or change up the type of berries or perhaps stone fruit?
If you chose to customize it, let me know what you create in the comments below!
Here’s a special hint with this recipe, make sure you pick out the prettiest berries for topping before you assemble the trifle or just grab an extra carton of your favorite berries if you want to make sure you don’t run out.
Be a hero and bring this lovely mixed summer berry trifle to that last minute BBQ or gathering that you just got invited to! Let me know where you serve this dessert in the comments below!