Similar in popularity to our chocolate lasagna, this silky lemon cheesecake pudding dessert is a no-bake dream, perfect for holidays and potlucks! Made with a graham cracker crust, creamy lemon pudding, smooth cream cheese and fluffy whipped topping, this layered lemon dessert will delight everyone!
Lemon Cheesecake Pudding Dessert
This lemon cheesecake pudding dessert tastes just like lemon cream cookies! Several years ago one of my favorite cookies was discontinued. You know the ones I’m talking about…the kind you can only buy once a year from those adorable little sales reps.
Watch the video below:
They were a toasty shortbread cookie filled with a luscious lemon cream frosting. Each year I keep hoping they’ll bring them back, but alas no luck. However, one bite of this no bake lemon dessert and I was in heaven! Lemon-yellow heaven with sunshine and citrus!
It’s no secret that I love lemon desserts. Lemon sandwich cookies that start with a cake mix are one of my all-time favorites. It’s also no secret that I love layered no bake desserts as well. They’re always a favorite at gatherings and so easy to put together! If you’re a chocolate fanatic, try the chocolate cheesecake pudding dessert instead.
There are affiliate links in this post. That means if you buy something from that link, I will earn a small commission, but it won’t cost you anything additional.
You Will Need:
- 2 cups crushed graham crackers, plus more for garnish
- 1/2 cup butter (1 stick)
- 2 tablespoons sugar
- 1 package cream cheese, softened
- 2 boxes instant lemon pudding mix
- 3 cups milk
- 1/2 teaspoon lemon zest
- 1 container whipped topping, thawed
- Lemon slices, for garnish (optional)
KITCHEN TOOLS YOU WILL FIND USEFUL:
This lemon cheesecake pudding dessert starts with a graham cracker crust. I love to bake mine for a few minutes to bring out the toasty, nutty flavors of the grahams, but in the summer I forgo this step. The crust will be a bit crumbly, but it will set up in the refrigerator once the butter has cooled.
Next comes the lemon layer. Adding cream cheese to pudding instantly adds a cheesecake-like richness. Be sure the cream cheese has come all the way to room temperature so it’s easy to blend. I also add about 1/2 a teaspoon of freshly grated lemon zest to the filling. That burst of citrus gives the filling a definite homemade taste.
If you don’t have a lemon on hand, this dessert will still be fantastic without the zest. Lastly, a final layer of whipped topping for a light, sweet finish. Garnish with slices of lemon and extra graham cracker crumbs for a beautiful presentation!
SCROLL DOWN FOR THE PRINTABLE VERSION
MORE DELICIOUS ONE-PAN POTLUCK DESSERT IDEAS
- It’s not pictured, but my Pineapple Dream Dessert is hands down the most popular recipe on this blog, year after year!
- You’ll probably like my Cream Puff Chocolate Eclair Cake too. It’s another one of those potluck recipes that everyone wants a slice of! Not only is it creamy and delicious, it’s pretty too. So next time you’re heading to a friend or relatives and need to bring a dessert, try this eclair cake!
- Not everyone approves of the name of this next recipe, so over the years it has taken on a few different titles. Here it’s called Sex in a Pan, but you may also know it as Chocolate Dream, Robert Redford Dessert or Better Than Anything Dessert. All I know is that three layers including cream cheese, pudding and whipping cream make for a party in your mouth!
- Speaking of potluck favorites, this Strawberry Jello Pretzel Salad is always a big hit! There are some families that absolutely insist it be served at every holiday.
- If you are a banana lover have I got a dessert for you! Make this delicious banana pudding poke cake and I promise you will not be disappointed.