These easy homemade fruit roll ups have just 3 ingredients and require only a blender and an oven. They’re a fun and healthy snack that the whole family is going to love!
Easy Homemade Fruit Roll Ups
Today we’re whipping up homemade fruit leather, i.e. fruit roll-ups! If you have kids, they’re going to love unwinding these plum fruity treats.
Similar to our Homemade Creamsicle Gummies these fruit roll-ups are compact and healthy and make the perfect on-the-go snack for you as well. Best of all? You don’t need any fancy equipment to make this stuff.
Here’s a general picture of how the making of these goes:
- cook fruit
- blend fruit
- spread onto baking sheet
- dehydrate in oven for 6 to 8 hours
- cut into strips
- rock and roll
How easy is that? Yes, the amount of time in the oven can seem a bit lengthy, but with only 15 minutes of actual hands-on time, these homemade fruit roll ups will be ready before you know it.
There are affiliate links in this post. That means if you buy something from that link, I will earn a small commission, but it won’t cost you anything additional.
To make these fruit roll-ups you’ll need:
- 4 cups chopped plums
- 2 tablespoons honey
- 1 tablespoons lemon juice
- ½ teaspoon cinnamon
Kitchen tools you may find helpful:
I first experimented with homemade fruit roll-ups last year with this strawberry version, and they were so delicious and such a hit that I had to make them again. Today we’re using fresh plums, which are a bit different than berries in that we’ll need to bake them first to get the natural juices flowing. Then we’ll mix in a bit of cinnamon for flavor and lemon juice to preserve the color. Add honey to suit your taste and throw it in the oven on the lowest temperature it will go!
SCROLL DOWN FOR THE PRINTABLE VERSION
OTHER SNACK RECIPES YOU MAY ENJOY:
- Cherry Cheesecake Energy Bites – perfect for a healthy and lightly sweet on the go snack!
- Whipped Brie Stuffed Strawberries – they look indulgent don’t they!? Definitely worth trying these.
- Baked Potato Pizzas – so easy and super fun. Great for after school or even as a snack for the big game!
- Taco Chex Mix – if you love Chex Mix and you love the flavor of tacos, there’s really no further explanation needed!