I had bought a bag of fresh cranberries with the intention of making a recipe… but I couldn’t find the recipe! LOL Soooo, I didn’t want them to go to waste. I went over to Alicia’s Recipes and found one for Cranberry Caramel Bars. Perfect! Another blog event post to submit :) So without further delay, here are the deliciously decadent, tastefully rich Cranberry Caramel Bars I made this morning!
Join the Cooking with Alicia & Annie Blog event :)
Note: The only problem I had with these was the foil stuck to the sides of these in a few small spots. Just needed to loosen it. The foil was very helpful! I lifted the whole thing out and placed on a cutting board to cut them into individual bars. :)
Cranberry Caramel Bars
These bars have a wonderful flavor, a sweet treat with just enough cranberry twang!
- 1 cup fresh cranberries
- 2 tablespoons sugar
- 2 1/3 cups all-purpose flour divided
- 1/2 teaspoon baking soda
- 2 cups uncooked regular oats
- 1/2 cup sugar
- 1/2 cup firmly packed light brown sugar
- 1 cup butter or margarine melted
- 1 10-ounce package chopped dates
- 3/4 cup chopped pecans
- 1 12-ounce jar caramel sauce
- Preheat oven to 350 F and line a 13x9x2 pan with aluminum foil, leaving a little overhang, and you can lift bars out to cut with no problem.
- Combine 2 tablespoons of sugar in a small bowl with the cranberries and set aside. Combine 2 cups of flour and the next four ingredients. Stir in melted butter until crumbly. Reserve 1 cup of this mixture and set aside. Press remaining mixture into bottom of a lightly greased 13×9 baking dish or pan. Bake at 350 degrees for 15 minutes.
- Remove from oven and sprinkle with dates, pecans, and the cranberry mixture. Stir the caramel sauce and the remaining 1/3 cup flour together until smooth, spoon over cranberries. Sprinkle with the reserved 1 cup flour mixture. Bake an additional 20 minutes or until lightly browned.
- Cool on a wire rack. Lift out of pan with foil overhang. Cut into bars.
NEW! Be sure to subscribe to my newsletter, Foodie in the Craftroom, to receive updates and tips from both Amanda’s Cookin’ and Crafts by Amanda! Visit https://amandascookin.com/p/subscribe-to-newsletter.html