I originally found this delicious recipe on Ingrid’s blog, 3 B’s…Baseball, Baking & Books. She found it on Bunny’s blog, Bunny’s Warm Oven, and Bunny found it on Taste of Home. The Brown Butter Glaze that coats this cake so perfectly, was found on Recipezaar.
More Bundt Cake Recipes
Bananas n Cream Bundt Cake with Brown Butter Glaze
IMPORTANT - There are often Frequently Asked Questions within the blog post that you may find helpful. Simply scroll back up to read them!Print It Rate It
- 1/3 cup shortening
- 1-1/4 cups sugar
- 2 eggs
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1-1/4 cups mashed ripe bananas about 3 medium
- 2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1-1/4 teaspoons baking powder
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1 cup 8 ounces sour cream
- 3/4 cup chopped walnuts
Brown Butter Glaze
- 1/2 cup butter
- 3 cups powdered sugar sifted
- 2 teaspoons vanilla
- 4 tablespoons milk
- In a large bowl, cream the shortening and sugar until light and fluffy.
- Add the eggs, one at a time, beating well after each addition.
- Beat in vanilla. Add bananas and mix well.
- Combine the flour, baking powder, baking soda and salt; add to the creamed mixture alternately with sour cream, stirring just until combined. Stir in walnuts.
- Pour into a greased and floured 10-in. fluted tube pan.
- Bake at 350° for 50-55 minutes or until a toothpick inserted near the center comes out clean.
- Cool for 10 minutes before removing from pan to a wire rack to cool completely.
- Place a piece of waxed paper under the wire rack before adding the glaze.
Brown Butter Glaze
- In a medium bowl, add powdered sugar.
- Place butter in a small saucepan. Melt butter over medium heat until bubbly. Cook, stirring occasionally until golden brown. Remove from heat and pour butter into the bowl of powdered sugar.
- Add milk and vanilla, stir until smooth.
- Pour over the top of the cake and let it ooze over the sides. Use a metal spatula to help smooth it out.
NEW! Be sure to subscribe to my newsletter, Foodie in the Craftroom, to receive updates and tips from both Amanda’s Cookin’ and Crafts by Amanda! Visit https://amandascookin.com/p/subscribe-to-newsletter.html