So popular they have a day-of-the-week designation (Taco Tuesday, anyone?), tacos are always a family favorite and crowd pleaser. These beef and bean oven tacos start with a simple yet flavorful ground beef and pinto bean filling that’s piled into crunchy taco shells. Pop them in the oven and then top the hot and crunchy tacos with all of your favorite toppings.
Beef and Bean Oven Tacos
Ah, taco night. When we aren’t having chicken tacos, it’s beef tacos! Growing up it was always a favorite dinner and even now, many more years later than I like to admit, it just doesn’t seem right to not rotate tacos through the weekly meal plan. There’s a nostalgia and familiarity in cooking up the filling, piling it into taco shells, and topping it with all the classic toppings. Cheese, lettuce, tomatoes and sour cream are classic taco must-haves.
While flour tortillas are convenient and delicious sometimes it’s fun to break out a box of crunchy taco shells and fill them up with a savory ground beef and bean filling. But, before you take a big bite, pop those filled tacos into the oven first. Warming those taco shells does something magical – instead of shattering into pieces when you take that first bite a warmed-through shell maintains most of it’s crunchy goodness, without completely falling apart on you.
About that filling…
Sometimes simple is better and, in this case, some ground beef, pinto beans, jalapeno, garlic and chili powder go a long way to create a savory delicious filling. It takes all of 10 minutes on the stove top and then just pile it into the taco shells. Done and done.
There are affiliate links in this post. That means if you buy something from that link, I will earn a small commission, but it won’t cost you anything additional.
Ingredients You’ll Need
- 1o Crunchy Taco Shells
- Pinto Beans
- Diced Jalapeno
- Ground Beef
- Minced Garlic
- Chopped Tomatoes
- Chili Powder
- Monterrey Jack & Cheddar Cheese
- Sour Cream
Kitchen tools you’ll find useful:
SCROLL DOWN FOR THE PRINTABLE VERSION OF THIS RECIPE
So break out that baking dish and the crunchy taco shells! Don’t forget: Taco Tuesday rolls around once every week and these beef and bean oven baked tacos need to be added to the must-make list.
MORE GROUND BEEF DINNER IDEAS YOU WILL LIKE:
I use ground beef a lot. You can substitute ground turkey or chicken for many of these ground beef recipes, let me know how they turn out!
- If you are looking for a cheesy dish the family will love, try this bacon cheeseburger pasta!
- We love Mexican flavors in this house, so this Taco Casserole is right up our alley.
- Using the slow cooker is so convenient, and these slow cooker meatball subs are the perfect take along for football practice!
- And speaking of meatballs, these meatball stuffed biscuits are awesome for parties or after school – think football!
- Just like these oven tacos, our oven chili dog recipe is a simple weeknight meal that everyone will love!
Beef and Bean Oven Tacos
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 2 garlic cloves minced
- 1 Jalapeno seeded and diced
- 1 pound ground beef
- 1 tablespoon chili powder
- 1 teaspoon kosher salt
- 1 cup chopped tomatoes fresh or canned
- 1 can pinto beans
- 10 Crunchy taco shell
- 1 1/2 cups shredded Monterrey jack and cheddar cheese
- For the Toppings
- Chopped lettuce
- Diced fresh tomatoes
- Sour cream
- Preheat the oven to 375 degrees.
- Heat the olive oil in a large pan over medium heat. Add the garlic and Jalapeno and let them cook for a minute or two. Add the ground beef and let it brown breaking it up with a spatula or wooden spoon. Once the beef is browned add the chili powder, salt, tomatoes, and beans. Stir it all together and let it cook another five minutes.
- Place the taco shells in a 9 x 13 baking dish. Fill each shell about half-way with the filling. Top each taco with a sprinkling of cheese. Bake the tacos at 375 degrees for 20 minutes or until hot and the cheese it melted.
- Top the tacos with lettuce, tomatoes, and sour cream and serve.