This Cherry Cream Cheese Coffee Cake will have you singing to the coffee cake God’s! One bite and you’ll be hooked. I hope you’re ready for your next go-to coffee cake recipe because it’s here my friends. It marries perfectly with your morning cup of coffee or tea or of course, served as dessert. This cherry cream cheese coffee cake reminds me just how much I love any type of breakfast cake, just like my Blueberry Breakfast Cake, you’ll want more than one piece!
Cherry Cream Cheese Coffee Cake
I have this wonderful Taste of Home Cookbook, full of great kitchen tested recipes. I decided to try the Cherry Cream Cheese Coffee Cake from pg. 514. It’s a super tasty and ultra satisfying breakfast dessert (breakfast dessert? Does it get any better than that?) Cherry and breakfast cake lovers rejoice! Let’s get started, huh?
There are affiliate links in this post. That means if you buy something from that link, I will earn a small commission, but it won’t cost you anything additional.
FIND THE PRINTABLE VERSION OF THIS RECIPE AT THE END OF THE POST
Ingredients for Cherry Cream Cheese Coffee Cake
Adapted from Taste of Home Cookbook
- 2-1/4 cups all-purpose flour
- 3/4 cup sugar
- 3/4 cup cold butter, cubed
- 1/2 teaspoon baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1 egg, lightly beaten
- 3/4 cup sour cream
- 1 teaspoon almond extract
- 1 package (8 ounces) cream cheese, softened
- 1/4 cup sugar
- 1 egg, lightly beaten
- 1 can (21 ounces) cherry pie filling
- 1/2 cup slivered almonds
Helpful Kitchen Tools
All in all, this is cherry cream cheese coffee cake is very good. I kept it in the fridge and indulged myself each morning for the next few days! Let’s just say, I wasn’t disappointed. Although I have a few tips for you all, you can find those below!
1) The instructions say to take the crust batter and “press onto the bottom and 1 in. up the sides of an ungreased 9-in. springform pan”… What the don’t tell you is that this is a very sticky batter this will tick you off while trying to “press” (right!) it into the pan. I will most likely make this again, so next time I will use latex gloves. What a mess!
2) The crust is rather thick at the outer edge. It’s tasty, but I would probably try to make that a little thinner next time by “pressing” (HA!) more onto the bottom than the sides.
3) This should definitely be chilled in the fridge before serving the first slice. Well here it is, quite tasty, and definitely a keeper!
I hope you all enjoy this Cherry Cream Cheese Coffee Cake as much as I did. You can try this recipe with blueberries, blackberries, strawberries, raspberries (try this Raspberry Coffee Cake!) or just about anything your heart desires! You can also use this Homemade Cherry Pie Filling with this recipe. The options are truly endless. Enjoy!
This post was originally published on this blog on Oct 27, 2008.