Peanut Butter Chocolate Chunk Bars

I needed chocolate today. Peanut butter sounded good too. The hardest part about this recipe was waiting for it to cool so I could cut into them and eat one (or two)! You could add chopped nuts, but I’m the only one who enjoys them in baked goods, so I left them out. These bars are easy to throw together and make a delicious snack, or in my case, a great way to satisfy a chocolate craving.

Note: If you like nuts in your cookies, add 1 cup of chopped salted peanuts when adding the chocolate.

This is a pretty basic chocolate chip cookie dough with the addition of peanut butter. If you already have a favorite chocolate chip cookie recipe, compare yours to this, then add peanut butter in proportion.

Peanut Butter Chocolate Chunk Bars

NEW – For a video (slideshow) version of this recipe with step by step photos, visit my new You Tube channel. Be sure to subscribe while you’re there! :) Yep, trying something new!

1 3/4 cups all purpose flour
3/4 teaspoons baking soda
1/4 teaspoons salt
3/4 cup unsalted butter (1 1/2 sticks)
1 cup creamy peanut butter
1/2 cup sugar
1/2 cup packed light brown sugar
1 egg
1 teaspoon vanilla
12 oz chopped semi sweet chocolate (or a bag of chocolate chunks or chips)

Preheat oven to 375 F. Line a 13×9 pan with foil, grease or spray the foil.

Whisk together flour, baking soda and salt.

Using an electric mixer, cream the butter, sugars, and peanut butter until light and fluffy. Beat in egg and vanilla until well combined. Turn mixer down to low and slowly add in dry ingredients. Turn off mixer and fold in chocolate.

Press cookie dough into prepared pan and bake 20-22 minutes or until golden brown. Cool on wire rack in pan. When cooled completely, lift out by foil and cut into 32 bars.

Here’s the video :)

Did you enjoy this post? Why not subscribe to my feed, or better yet, to my free newsletter – Foodie in the Craftroom, which provides not only recipes but crafts from my other blog, Crafts by Amanda too!

48 Responses to Peanut Butter Chocolate Chunk Bars

Yummy–possibly the most perfect combo. Gooey bars look great!

Kristin says:

I've been itching to bake for two days now and this is exactly the sort of thing I was looking for – quick and using ingredients I already have on hand. Perfect! I'm going to make them right now.

The Daily Smash says:

Yummy just pass me a glass of milk with the whole bowl these look so good.

Ashley

Sue says:

These look fantastic, and your video is more original than most, especially the music~love it!

Jenn @ BentoForKidlet says:

These look amazing! They are going on my to bake list! I would make them tonight if I didn't have cakes to bake for a school carnival :P

Ann from On Sutton Place says:

Bar cookies are my all time favorite thing to make. Yours looks absolutely wonderful! I can almost taste them…great job. ~Ann

Sprinzette @ Ginger and Almonds says:

Now that's a seriously delicious-looking bite. Scrumptious!

Deeba PAB says:

Love them bar cookies, and the pb in them makes them sound divine. Like the 'trying something new' idea of the you-tube slideshow Amanda. Good for you!

donna from Yumma Yumma says:

It doesn't get any better than peanut butter and chocolate! Wish I had one (or 5) of these right now!

Fallon says:

Love PB and chocolate cookies!

RedTedArt says:

Oh my word, these sound scrumptilious!!!!!!!! I WANT SOME!

Thanks for sharing the recipe on Kids Get Crafty :-)

Maggy

Thanks everyone! These are great warm, but they are amazing at room temperature! If you can wait that long LOL

Looks like a perfect way to drive away those nasty cravings. LOL
    BTW- voted for your craft blog. :)

cookies and cups says:

These sound (and look) perfect for a craving day!

Rachel says:

Always a huge fan of the peanut butter and chocolate combination…can't wait to try these bars!!!

Avril says:

I am in love!!! All my favorite goodies in one bar! Super YUM! :-)

Avanika [YumsiliciousBakes] says:

Those bars look awesome Amanda. Sure wish I had some right about now!

The Better Baker says:

Oh my goodness! My mouth is watering and I want a bite NOW too! Great video – how wonderful. Can never go wrong with a choco/pnut butter combo! Thanks for sharing – I found you at Full Plate Thursday. Have a wonderful day!

Miriam says:

I need chocolate today too. Great recipe! Miriam@Meatless Meals For Meat Eaters

Miz Helen says:

Hi Amanda,
    You can just go ahead and box me up 2 dozen of these lovely bars. I will just take them with me to my retreat this week end, they just look awesome. Thank you so much for sharing with Full Plate Thursday and please come back!

LDH says:

Oh, wow, Amanda! I love peanut butter and these look delicious!

Sugar Mama says:

These look fantastic! I have to bake for an upcoming school bake sell and I'm adding these to my list. Thanks for sharing!

Allison @ Alli 'n Son says:

Mmmm, peanut butter and chocolate, my favorite combination!

I'd like to invite you to share this recipe with my linky, Sweet Tooth Friday. I hope to see you there.

Alisa says:

I know my family would just love these! They are going on my "to make" list. Thanks!

Lindy@Itsy Bitsy Paper says:

I will for sure be making these. I think peanut butter and chocolate should be a food group. I bookmarked this post for a future feature on Cookie Time Tuesday.

PatsyB says:

OH, I am drooling now as I dig in the closet for my stretch pants!!!

Binge Crafter says:

Yum! These look fantastic! TFS!
    Angela
    bingecrafter.blogspot.com

Misty says:

Wow! Those look soooo yummy! Thanks for sharing!

Funky Junk Interiors says:

Amanda, you're makin' me crazy here. I'm baking these tonite. I wanted some cookies but wasn't excited about my recipies… these even LOOK warm. :)

Sharing this as an SNS #73 highlight on FJI Facebook. :)

Donna

Ladybird Ln says:

These look DELICIOUS! I love peanut butter and chocolate together! I am a new follower, stop by my blog if you get a minute!

Carlee
    ladybirdln.blogspot.com

Lauren at Keep It Sweet says:

I would have an impossible time waiting for those to cool!

Flourchild says:

These look and sound great! I had a chocolate craving and bought some m&ms at the store!

Valerie@Occasionally Crafty says:

Found my treat for the week! Thanks for sharing!

Valerie-www.occasionallycrafty.blogspot.com
    Stop on by!

Ellie says:

Oh. Yum! Bummer I'm out of chocolate chips, or I'd be making these right now! Thanks for the recipe!

Lisa says:

mmm, nothing better than peanut butter and chocolate! These look delicious!

Tina @ MOMS CRAZY COOKING says:

There is ONE DAY left to link up GREEN recipes……

And starting today on THIS WEEK'S CRAVINGS Linky Party we are featuring CHOCOLATE… CHOCOLATE… and MORE CHOCOLATE. We would love to have you link up any great chocolate recipe!

Homemade Sausage Blog says:

Love love peanut butter and chocolate anything. I am going to be making these real soon.

Mary says:

Wow. I really love this! I would like to invite you to post this at my link party Masterpiece Monday, at my blog, Boogieboard Cottage. The link will be open all week. I hope you can join in! Mary :O)

Ingrid@morestylethancash says:

1I've been looking for a new peanut butter and chocolate recipe so this is GREAT!( I'm also the only one in the family that likes nuts in my dessert.) I think I might add another chocolate layer on top. Ya just can't have too much chocolate

Bianca @ Walnut Avenue says:

These look divine – there is no better combo than peanut butter and chocolate!

This is PERFECT for my new linky party, Foodie Friday. Please stop on over and link up!

sweetpeaskitchen.com says:

Oh Man….do these look good or what!? I need to whip up a batch of these like now! Yummy! :)

Sarah says:

Ohmygosh, these are amazing. The pan may not last through tomorrow!

Ellie says:

I've made these 3 times already. They are so delicious! I also recommended them to my readers (as few as they may be) on my blog. Thanks for keeping my hips padded! ;)

Thank you so much Ellie and Sarah, so glad you enjoyed them as much as we do!

Barb says:

Tragedy! I don’t have any peanut butter in the fridge!!! I feel a shopping trip coming on.

I’m making these today for National Peanut Butter Day. We loved them the first time I made them. Easy and so good!

[...] 1. Peanut Butter Chocolate Chunk Bars [...]