There’s a foolproof way to bake soft and chewy peanut butter cookies. That’s to under bake them slightly. That’s it. Baking a batch of peanut butter cookies until they “look” done is deceiving and creates a crunchy result.
How to Make Homemade Peanut Butter Cookies
Smooth or Rustic?
Shortening vs Butter
Ingredients for Peanut Butter Cookies
from the back of the Crisco container
- 1/2 cup shortening (or butter flavored shortening)
- 3/4 cup creamy peanut butter
- 1 1/4 cups firmly packed light brown sugar
- 3 tbsp milk
- 1 tbsp vanilla
- 1 egg
- 1 3/4 cups all-purpose flour
- 3/4 tsp salt
- 3/4 tsp baking soda
Helpful Kitchen Tools
If you’re looking for more peanut butter cookie ideas…
- Try my tweaked Nutella version of these – Peanut Butter Nutella Cookies.
- Maybe you prefer a Chocolate Peanut Butter Cookie!
- These Peanut Butter Corn Flake Cookies look amazing too.
- If you prefer not to bake, these Peanut Butter and Corn Chip No Bake Cookies are right up your alley!
This post was originally published on this blog on May 25, 2010.