This Strawberry Salad is the perfect summer salad recipe. It has fresh strawberries, baby spinach, arugula, chopped pecans, feta with a light lemon vinaigrette dressing, then garnished with blueberries, sliced ripe avocado, and optional chicken. Enjoy it in the Summer months or year round!
Hi Everyone, looking for the perfect Summer salad which can also be served as a main course? This versatile Strawberry Salad has all the fresh flavors of strawberries, feta cheese crumbles, avocado, a light lemon vinaigrette dressing and topped with blueberries.
You can use a rotisserie chicken or add grilled chicken from your Summer BBQ for this salad. This dish can also be enjoyed all year long if you are looking for some lighter winter fare since you can usually find fresh strawberries and blueberries year-round in your grocery store.
RELATED: you might also like this recipe – Tuna Pasta Salad
The roughly chopped pecans add a nice texture and crunch to the salad. You can substitute pecans with a different type of nut if you prefer. Slivered almonds or walnuts would go great in this salad as well.
I wanted to keep the dressing for this Strawberry Salad light so that the lovely ingredients in it can shine. If you prefer a different dressing or something more creamy, feel free to swap it out or add a little mayonnaise or Dijon mustard to the dressing recipe.
Baby kale would also go great with this Strawberry Salad instead of the baby spinach.
You can swap the feta cheese with the same amount of blue cheese crumbles or another favorite soft cheese – even Brie or Camembert for a decadent touch!
I added the arugula because it gives a nice peppery bite to the salad and adds some fresh flavor. You could also add in a Spring mix to the baby spinach if you prefer.
I think because this strawberry salad is so colorful, it would make a pretty salad to bring to a BBQ or gathering.
Ingredients for Strawberry Salad
- 1 pound (16 ounces/454 grams) fresh strawberries, washed, tops cut and quartered
- 5 ounces (142 grams) baby spinach, washed and dry
- 2 cups arugula, washed and dry
- 1/4 cup red onion, sliced and chopped
- 1/4 cup pecans, roughly chopped
- 1 ripe avocado, peeled, pitted and sliced, for topping
- 1/4 cup feta cheese, diced or crumbled, extra for topping
- 1 cup blueberries for topping (optional)
- 1/2 cup olive oil, extra virgin
- 2-3 tablespoons fresh squeezed lemon juice (1/2 lemon)
- 1 teaspoon white wine vinegar, or more, to taste
- 1/4 teaspoon fresh ground black pepper, or more to taste
- 1/8 teaspoon Kosher salt, amount to taste
Kitchen Tools for Strawberry Salad
- mixing bowl
- measuring spoons and cups
- wet measure
- chef’s knife
- cutting board
- mason jar with lid (1 cup size) or small container for serving dressing
I know you will love this Strawberry Salad recipe, let me know what occasion you make it for in the comments below!
Have leftovers strawberries? Check out some of our favorite strawberry recipes below!
IMPORTANT – There are often Frequently Asked Questions within the blog post that you may find helpful. Simply scroll back up to read them!Print It Rate It
- 1 pound (16 ounces/454 grams) fresh strawberries washed, tops cut and quartered
- 5 ounces (142 grams) baby spinach washed and dry
- 2 cups arugula washed and dry
- 1/4 cup red onion sliced and chopped
- 1/4 cup pecans (raw, unsalted) roughly chopped
- 1 medium ripe avocado peeled, pitted and sliced, for topping
- 1/4 cup feta cheese diced or crumbled, extra for topping
- 1 cup blueberries for topping, optional, washed and dry
Lemon Vinaigrette Dressing
- 1/2 cup olive oil extra virgin
- 2-3 tablespoons fresh, squeeze lemon juice 1/2 lemon
- 1 teapsoon white wine vinegar
- 1/4 teaspoon fresh ground black pepper amount to taste
- 1/8 teaspoon Kosher salt amount to taste
To Make Lemon Vinaigrette Dressing
- In a medium bowl or in a lidded mason jar, add olive oil, lemon juice, white wine vinegar, pepper and Kosher salt. Whisk or shake until combined. Stir before adding to the strawberry salad.
To Make Strawberry Salad
- Add spinach, arugula, red onion, strawberries, pecans, avocado, feta cheese in a large mixing or salad bowl and gently mix until combined.
- You can add the dressing (amount to taste) to the salad if you are serving right away, you can toss to combine or you can add it directly on. If you are serving at a later point, keep the salad dressing separate so the salad doesn’t get wilted. Top with blueberries, more feta cheese, if you wish. Enjoy!