Need a Healthy Vegetable Soup to warm your bones this winter? This hearty soup with quinoa and chickpeas has you covered (and takes just under 30 minutes to make!).
Why this recipe works
Why? Well for starters, they’re almost impossible to mess up. Throw everything in a pot, heat it up, boom soup.
Flavors not right? You can adjust them! Don’t have a certain ingredient? Substitute it! They’re flexible and forgiving and have won a special place in my heart, especially in these cold-weather months.
How To Make Vegetable Soup
Get all measurements, ingredients, and instructions in the printable version at the end of this post.
To make this soup we’ll start with a flavorful base of onions, garlic, carrot, and celery. Let those cook until soft, then add in vegetable (or chicken) broth and some herbs.
Bring it to a boil then add in the quinoa, cooking until the quinoa is done. Then just throw in some chickpeas and chopped parsley and serve! It’s that easy (and SO delicious).
Get ready to throw this healthy vegetable soup recipe into your bookmarks page, it’ll become a family favorite in no time!
More Soup Recipes
- Italian Sausage Tomato Orzo Soup
- Chicken Bean Soup
- Crockpot Chicken and Dumplings
- Cheddar Cheese Potato Soup
I love to bake and cook and share my recipes with you! I know it’s hard to remember to come back and search, so I’ve made it easy for you with my weekly newsletter! You can subscribe for free and I’ll send you delicious recipes every week right to your email.
Healthy Vegetable Soup
IMPORTANT – There are often Frequently Asked Questions within the blog post that you may find helpful. Simply scroll back up to read them!Print It Rate It
- 2 Tbsp olive oil
- 1 medium yellow onion chopped
- 2 medium carrots chopped
- 3 stalks celery chopped
- 4 cloves garlic minced
- 12 cups vegetable broth
- 1 tsp fresh thyme
- 1/2 tsp dried oregano
- 2 whole bay leaves
- 1 cup dried quinoa
- 2 15-ounce cans chickpeas drained
- 1/2 cup chopped parsley
Things You’ll Need
- Heat oil over medium heat in a large pot. Add onion, carrots, celery, and garlic, and cook until softened (about 10 minutes.
- Add broth, thyme, oregano, and bay leaves, then bring to a boil. Once boiling, add quinoa and cook until done (about 12 minutes).
- Right before serving, stir in chickpeas and garnish with parsley.
This recipe was originally published on January 3, 2018