I’m a peanut butter cookie fan for sure, but adding candy bars into the mix is a real bonus. During cookie making season (AKA the holidays) I always try to get a batch of these delicious candy bar cookies into the mix. They are always a hit and can be made and devoured any time of the year!
Candy Bar Cookies
Almost a decade ago I found Cherie’s Snicker Peanut Butter Cookies on my blogging friend Barbara’s blog. While I am topping these cookies with candy bars in the same fashion that she did, there are several ways to incorporate the candy bars into these cookies.
Ways to add candy bars to your cookies
- Place the dough balls on your cookie sheet and press a mini candy bar into the ball and bake. This is how my recipe reads below.
- Chop the candy bars into pieces and add it to the dough, roll into balls, flatten with fork and bake.
- Roll into balls, flatten pretty thin and wrap the dough around a whole Snickers mini and bake.
- If you have mini muffin pans, you can fill it with dough balls and press a mini candy bar into it and bake.
There are peanut butter chips in this recipe as well. They do make the cookies a little sweeter than they may have been otherwise. You can substitute chocolate chips if you prefer, or just leave them out altogether.
More Peanut Butter Cookie Recipes
I’ve experimented with quite a few peanut butter cookie recipes. I’ve made Nutella Peanut Butter Cookies, Chocolate Filled Peanut Butter Cookies, Chocolate Peanut Butter Cookies (one of my faves!), and even Peanut Butter Oatmeal Chocolate Chip Cookies! Or, for a fun twist using peanut butter, I’ve even made my own homemade candy bars using graham crackers, peanut butter, and chocolate. SO good and SO easy!
Then there’s these huge and colorful Monster Cookies and my Peanut Butter Chocolate Chunk Bars, and of course the classic Peanut Butter Cookies. I love having a big arsenal of peanut butter cookie varieties. If you know of one I should try, please leave a comment below!
This post was originally published on November 23, 2009
Candy Bar Cookies
These candy bar cookies are easy to make and are super chewy and delicious! Peanut butter fans will go crazy for these candy bar covered treats!
- 1 cup unsalted butter softened
- 1 cup white sugar
- 1 cup brown sugar packed
- 1 cup creamy or chunky, if you prefer peanut butter
- 2 large eggs
- 2 1/2 cups all purpose flour
- 2 teaspoons baking soda
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 10 ounce package Reeses peanut butter chips
- 20 ounces mini size candy bars 60 mini candy bars (Milky Way, Snickers, Three Musketeers)
Preheat oven to 350 F. Line an insulated baking sheet with parchment paper.
Cream butter and sugars until well combined. Add eggs and beat until fluffy. Add peanut butter and beat until well combined.
Stir or whisk together flour, baking soda and salt. Add to creamed butter mixture and mix well. Stir in peanut butter chips.
- Roll into balls or use a cookie scoop.
Bake for 10-12 minutes (mine took 11.5 minutes).
Remove from oven and leave cookies on cookie sheet for 2 minutes to rest. Remove from parchment to cooling rack to cool completely.
If you try to eat these cookies while still warm they may fall apart. Allow them to cool completely and they’ll be fine.