These decadent breakfast parfaits are the perfect excuse to have chocolate in the morning, although do we really need an excuse? Fresh strawberries and homemade dark chocolate granola are layered with creamy Greek yogurt making these parfaits a sweet way to start the day. I mean, who’s going to say no to chocolate in the morning?
Breakfast Parfaits with Homemade Dark Chocolate Granola
If breakfast is the most important meal of the day then I say make the most of it and go all out in the pleasure department. These breakfast parfaits aren’t your ho-hum, run of the mill fruit and yogurt concoctions. No, these parfaits are a little more naughty than that.
There are affiliate links in this post. That means if you buy something from that link, I will earn a small commission, but it won’t cost you anything additional.
Things You’ll Need
- Old Fashioned Oats
- Brown Sugar
- Ground Cinnamon
- Kosher Salt
- Vegetable Oil
- Dark Chocolate Chips
- Fresh Strawberries
- Plain Greek Yogurt
KITCHEN TOOLS YOU MIGHT FIND USEFUL:
It all starts with simple-to-make yet totally decadent dark chocolate granola. Old fashioned oats, brown sugar, honey, some almonds, and a generous amount of dark chocolate chips come together to make a chocolaty-sweet and crunchy granola that will tempt you to grab a handful whenever you’re near it. It keeps for a week, but I guarantee that it won’t last that long – every bite leaves you wanting more until it all disappears.
But save some for the parfaits because the dark chocolate granola paired with slices of fresh strawberry is a match made in heaven. Like Rhett and Scarlett, Romeo and Juliet, or Micky and Minnie there are just some pairings in life that were meant to be.
Strawberries and chocolate? Check.
Make the granola ahead of time and these breakfast parfaits come together in no time during the week. Imagine starting your day with sinfully delicious spoonfuls of all that chocolate and strawberry goodness.
It’s what I call a breakfast of champions.
SCROLL DOWN FOR THE PRINTABLE VERSION OF THIS RECIPE
More Breakfast Ideas You Might Like:
- If I want something indulgent for breakfast, Strawberries & Cream Stuffed French Toast is a top choice. Delicious!
- This Breakfast Quinoa in the Slow Cooker is perfect for making your mornings a little bit easier! Make it the night before and enjoy it warm in the morning!
- You really have to try this Mocha Smoothie Bowl, a great way to get up in the morning!
- If you’re like me and ready to run out the door in the morning, make sure you make yourself a Loaded Coffee Smoothie first.
- If you have kids, you’ll thank me for these Homemade Freezer French Toast Sticks. Perfect for popping in the microwave on busy school mornings.
Want even more free recipes? Be sure to join my newsletter for FREE recipes and craft ideas sent to your email inbox every week.
Breakfast Parfaits with Strawberries & Dark Chocolate GranolaPrint Rate
- 3 cups old fashioned oats
- 1/3 cup brown sugar
- 1/2 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 2 ounces slivered almonds
- 1/4 teaspoon kosher salt
- 1/4 cup honey
- 1/4 cup vegetable oil
- 1/2 teaspoon vanilla
- 3/4 cup dark chocolate chips
- 6-8 fresh strawberries sliced
- 15 ounces plain Greek Yogurt
- Preheat the oven to 300 degrees. In large bowl, combine the oats, brown sugar, cinnamon, almonds and salt. Add the honey, oil, and vanilla and stir until everything is well coated. Spread the granola out in an even layer on a large cookie sheet or pan. Bake the granola for 15 minutes. Give it a stir on the pan and then continue baking it another 15 minutes. Remove the pan from the oven, place it on baking racks, and sprinkle the chocolate chips over the top of the granola. When the chocolate is glossy and melted, stir it into the granola then let it cool. If making ahead, once cooled store it in an air tight container for up to a week.
- To Make the Parfaits
- Spoon a few tablespoons of yogurt into the bottom of each glass. Top with a few tablespoons of granola, followed by some strawberry slices. Repeat these layers finishing with a dollop of yogurt on top. Garnish with strawberry slices and serve.