I am all about quick ground beef dinner ideas, especially when the cost is low. I often look for ground beef and chicken on sale, and am a pretty avid generic product shopper. I also make my own seasoning mixes when I can, most often chili and taco seasoning. We love quesadillas here, so this simple meal is a frequent addition to our weeknight meals.
You can use whatever meat you like, or go meatless and make bean quesadillas. Mine are folded quesadillas instead of two tortillas sandwiched together. A friend of mine calls them “flips” because you fold and flip.
Prepare the ground beef by browning and draining it and then adding the taco seasoning. Heat up a large skillet and empty the refried beans into a bowl. Heat them in the microwave for 1 minute, then spread 1 heaping tablespoon of beans onto a tortilla.
Spoon taco meat onto one half of the beans.
Cover with shredded cheese.
Fold tortilla over (in half) and heat in skillet for about a minute, to lightly brown and warm the tortilla. Flip it over with a spatula and brown the other side.
What are your favorite quick and frugal dinners?
Here are some of mine:
Beef & Bean Quesadillas
IMPORTANT - There are often Frequently Asked Questions within the blog post that you may find helpful. Simply scroll back up to read them!Print It Rate It
- 4-6 8- inch flour tortillas
- 1 lb ground beef
- 1 envelope taco seasoning mix or my homemade taco seasoning
- 14- oz can refried beans
- 2-3 cups shredded sharp cheddar cheese
- Brown the ground beef until no longer pink and drain off fat. Mix in the taco seasoning mix with water as directed on back of packet. Cook as directed.
- Heat a large skillet over medium-high heat.
- Empty refried beans into a medium bowl and heat in the microwave for 1 minute.
- Spread 1 heaping tablespoon of beans onto a tortilla. Spoon taco meat onto one half of the beans. Cover with shredded cheese.
- Fold tortilla over (in half) and heat in skillet for 1 minute or so, long enough to lightly brown and warm the tortilla. Flip it over with a spatula and brown the other side.
Expert Tips & FAQs
Latest posts by Amanda Davis (see all)
- Chicken with Onion Thyme Sauce - September 26, 2023
- Sugar Crusted Plum Muffins - September 25, 2023
- Brussels Sprouts with Bacon, Shallots and Candied Pecans - September 21, 2023