I am all about quick ground beef dinner ideas, especially when the cost is low. I often look for ground beef and chicken on sale, and am a pretty avid generic product shopper. I also make my own seasoning mixes when I can, most often chili and taco seasoning. We love quesadillas here, so this simple meal is a frequent addition to our weeknight meals.
You can use whatever meat you like, or go meatless and make bean quesadillas. Mine are folded quesadillas instead of two tortillas sandwiched together. A friend of mine calls them “flips” because you fold and flip.
Prepare the ground beef by browning and draining it and then adding the taco seasoning. Heat up a large skillet and empty the refried beans into a bowl. Heat them in the microwave for 1 minute, then spread 1 heaping tablespoon of beans onto a tortilla.
Spoon taco meat onto one half of the beans.
Cover with shredded cheese.
Fold tortilla over (in half) and heat in skillet for about a minute, to lightly brown and warm the tortilla. Flip it over with a spatula and brown the other side.
What are your favorite quick and frugal dinners?
Here are some of mine:
Beef & Bean QuesadillasPrint
- 4-6 8- inch flour tortillas
- 1 lb ground beef
- 1 envelope taco seasoning mix or my homemade taco seasoning
- 14- oz can refried beans
- 2-3 cups shredded sharp cheddar cheese
- Brown the ground beef until no longer pink and drain off fat. Mix in the taco seasoning mix with water as directed on back of packet. Cook as directed.
- Heat a large skillet over medium-high heat.
- Empty refried beans into a medium bowl and heat in the microwave for 1 minute.
- Spread 1 heaping tablespoon of beans onto a tortilla. Spoon taco meat onto one half of the beans. Cover with shredded cheese.
- Fold tortilla over (in half) and heat in skillet for 1 minute or so, long enough to lightly brown and warm the tortilla. Flip it over with a spatula and brown the other side.
The number of quesadillas this recipe will yield depends on how hearty you like them. Some people enjoy more meat, while others like to pile on the cheese. Ingredients list is approximate.