These Sweet Potato Fries are oven baked with smoked paprika, cumin, onion powder, Kosher salt, and pepper. These savory, healthier-for-you fries have less oil (1-2 tablespoons Canola or regular olive oil) than traditional deep-fried sweet potato fries.
Want another healthy alternative to fries without compromising on flavor? Try our crispy zucchini fries!
Crispy Baked Sweet Potato Fries
Hi Everyone, I could eat Sweet Potato Fries any day of the week or even any time of the day because they are just that good. They have that sweet-salty appeal that makes you want more than just one.
Sweet potatoes are healthier than regular white potatoes because they have fewer carbs and calories compared to regular white potatoes. They are a good source of Vitamin A, B, C, potassium, magnesium, manganese, and choline.
These fries have become one of my family’s favorite foods to have with lunch or dinner. It’s one of the few recipes that pleases most people in the family (we have a picky kiddo among us). They are healthy as they are satisfying. Plus, the clean up is pretty easy.
Related Recipe – Air Fryer Sweet Potato Chips or Mashed Sweet Potatoes
This recipe serves 1-2 people or 2-4 people with small portions. Sweet potatoes come in all different sizes and the 2 large ones that I used added up to between 3-4 pounds.
Ingredients for Baked Sweet Potato Fries
- 2-3 lbs. sweet potatoes
- 1-2 tablespoons Canola or regular olive oil
- ground cumin
- ground smoked paprika
- onion powder
- Kosher salt
- fresh ground pepper
You can find the full printable version on how to bake sweet potato fries at the end of this post.
Kitchen Tools for Oven Baked Sweet Potato Fries
- vegetable peeler
- rimmed baking sheet
- Silpat Silicone Baking mat or parchment paper
- 1 large mixing bowl
- cutting board
- Chef’s knife
I would consider this recipe a savory recipe, there’s no sugar added but the sweet potatoes themselves have their own distinct sweetness with their natural sugar.
If you try these fries and like it, please rate it in the recipe card and let us know in the comments below. Thank you for reading and following along!
Finding a good substitute for fries may seem hard, but these salty and sweet fries will not disappoint. You can also try these delicious parmesan crusted asparagus fries! And if you have leftover sweet potatoes, bake up a healthy dessert to enjoy after dinner like our sweet potato oat cookies.
More Fry Recipes
- Potato Wedges
- Air Fryer Zucchini Fries
- Air Fryer Green Bean Fries
- Air Fryer Jalapeno Fries
- Almond and Parmesan Crusted Asparagus Fries
- Baked French Fries
Sweet Potato Fries
IMPORTANT - There are often Frequently Asked Questions within the blog post that you may find helpful. Simply scroll back up to read them!Print It Pin It Rate It
- 2-4 pounds sweet potatoes skinned, cut into 1/2 inch slices
- 1-2 tbsp Canola oil or same amount regular olive oil
- 1 tsp Kosher salt
- 1/4 tsp Fresh ground black pepper
- 1/2 tsp onion powder
- 1/4 tsp smoked ground paprika
- 1/4 tsp ground cumin
- Wash, peel and cut the sweet potatoes into 1/2 inch thick pieces.
- Place oven rack in the middle of the oven and preheat the oven to 450°F.
- Place a silicone baking mat (or parchment) on a rimmed baking sheet, set aside.
- In a large mixing bowl, add the sweet potatoes, salt, pepper, onion powder, paprika, cumin and drizzle the Canola oil. Mix until combined.
- Spread the sweet potatoes out, in a single layer. Use 2 baking sheets if necessary.
- Bake at 450°F for 20 minutes, stirring halfway. If they don't seem ready after 20 minutes, continue baking in 5 minute intervals, until desired amount of browning is achieved. When they are done, remove from the oven. Serve with ketchup or favorite condiment.
Latest posts by Sara Maniez (see all)
- Kale Chips - January 27, 2023
- Pumpkin Roll - November 17, 2020
- Homemade Mashed Potatoes - November 15, 2020
Leave a Reply