Apple cider desserts are one of my favorite fall things to make. I am fortunate enough to have an apple orchard less than two miles from my home. There you can watch them process the apples into cider right in their cider barn. This year, however, they ran out of apple cider early due to the weather this season. So this year I’ll have to settle for grocery store cider instead of the fresh cider I usually buy from the orchard.
I’ve made several apple cider recipes myself (mine are scattered in with the others below), but there are tons more out there to enjoy! So if you’re looking for some delicious apple cider recipe ideas, here are 30 for you to peruse, pin, and bookmark. Enjoy!
Apple Cider Breakfast Recipes
The doughnuts below are amazing. The orchard I spoke of above sells warm cinnamon sugar covered doughnuts that are to die for. These were as close as I could get! There are several breakfast options here.
- Apple Cider Pancakes – Buns in my Oven
- Apple Cider Doughnuts – Amanda’s Cookin’
- Apple Cider Glazed and Maple Frosted Doughnuts – Grumpy’s Honeybunch
- Apple Cider Doughnut Pancakes – Serious Eats
- Baked Apple Pancake with Apple Cider Syrup – Pinch of Yum
Apple Cider Frozen Treat Recipes
The apple cider milkshake in this section is a favorite around here. Again, a copycat I created from the orchard I keep mentioning is totally wonderful. The ice cream rocks too!
- Apple Cider Ice Cream – Amanda’s Cookin’
- Apple Cider Milkshake – Amanda’s Cookin’
- Apple Cider Floats – That’s so Michelle
- Spiced Apple Cider Sorbet – theKitchn
Apple Cider Cakes & Cupcake Recipes
Baking the marvelous flavor of apples into cake and cupcakes is a fall must do. There are lots of different ways to make quick breads and cake concoctions, so check out the deliciousness below.
- Mini Apple Cider Cakes – King Arthur Flour
- Apple Cider Cupcakes with Apple Cider Cream Cheese Frosting – Sweet Tooth Sweet Life
- Apple Cider Cupcakes with Brown Sugar Cinnamon Buttercream Frosting – Wishes n Dishes
- Apple Cider Pound Cake with Caramel Glaze – Amanda’s Cookin’
- Apple Cider-Caramel Cake – My Recipes
- Apple Cider Caramel Glazed Pound Cake – Sweetrecipeas
- Apple Cider Cupcakes w/Apple Butter Filling and Caramel Frosting – Lehigh Valley
- Apple Cider Bread – Recipe Girl
Apple Cider Cookies and Bar Recipes
Who knew! Blondies and cookies to make for fall, caramel seems to be a rocking addition to everything apple.
- Spiced Apple Cider Blondies – Bake Your Day
- Caramel Apple Cider Cookies – The Girl Who Ate Everything
- Apple Cider Snickerdoodles – Food Network
Various Apple Cider Dessert Recipes
Maybe it’s a crisp or cobbler type dessert you’re after, or a pie maybe? How about a cheesecake? The trifle, mmmm! And will someone make those caramels and send me some?
- Cinnamon-Apple Cider Cheesecake – Honey and Jam
- Apple Cider Cream Pie – Lottie + Doof
- Apple Cider Crisp – Weight Watchers
- Apple Cider Caramels – Blondie’s Cakes & Things
- Toffee Apple Trifle with Apple Cider Jelly – Spicy Ice Cream
Apple Cider Beverage Recipes
I must admit that an apple cider cocktail sounds really good to me. Some of these are alcoholic and some are not. Might be a nice addition to your Thanksgiving table too!
- Crockpot Caramel Apple Cider– Sugar Spice and Glitter via Amanda’s Cookin
- Apple Cider Margaritas – How Sweet It Is
- Apple Pie Cocktail using apple cider – Sugar Spice and Glitter via Amanda’s Cookin
- Apple Cider Soda – Elana’s Pantry
- Hot Apple Cider NEW!
Enjoy, and take advantage of nature’s fall bounty!
This post originally appeared here on Oct 23, 2012.
Latest posts by Amanda Formaro (see all)
- Italian Lasagna - March 20, 2023
- KFC Coleslaw Copycat - March 13, 2023
- Double Chocolate Cupcakes - March 7, 2023
Megan's Cookin' says
It all looks so good Amanda, thanks for including me! :)
Amanda, this is a great resource to have! Thank you for including Grumpy’s Honeybunch :)
Renee - Kudos Kitchen says
Nothing beats apple cider at this time of year. I simply love it! I also tend to use it in savory dishes too. It adds some wonderful depth of flavor. You have some terrific recipe listed here. They all sound so good!!!
Cant wait to try these recipies, YummY!
Courtney @ Sweet Tooth, Sweet Life says
Thanks so much for including my cupcakes in this round up. Everything looks FABULOUS!!