Taco Bell Enchirito Copycat

Taco Bell Enchirito Copycat - AmandasCookin.comI’ve never actually had an Enchirito from Taco Bell, but my husband loves them. It’s quite simply a burrito and an enchilada in one. He’s been bugging me about making them at home, so I just made a beef and bean burrito and covered it in enchilada sauce.

Taco Bell has a picture of their Beef Enchirito on their website. It’s described as “a warm, soft flour tortilla wrapped around seasoned ground beef, hearty beans, diced onions, real cheddar cheese, and tangy red sauce”.

Easy enough.

Taco Bell Enchirito Copycat - AmandasCookin.comI used my homemade enchilada sauce and my homemade taco seasoning to create this recipe. You can certainly use the prepackaged taco seasoning and canned enchilada sauce if you like, or use your own homemade alternatives.

Taco Bell Enchirito Copycat - AmandasCookin.com

Taco Bell Enchirito Copycat - AmandasCookin.comI warmed the tortillas in the microwave, then added a couple tablespoons of prepared taco meat, sprinkled on some diced onion, then finished with 3 tablespoons of refried beans on top. Fold the tortilla burrito style.

[NOTE: These photos were taken using small tortillas, I was using the leftovers to make some minis. :) ]

Taco Bell Enchirito Copycat - AmandasCookin.comAt this point you could add warm enchilada sauce on top and sprinkle with cheese and serve, or you could place all the burritos into a 13×9 baking pan. Top them with the enchilada sauce and shredded cheddar cheese and bake at 350 F for 20 minutes.

Taco Bell Enchirito Copycat - AmandasCookin.comDelicious!

Taco Bell Enchirito Copycat - AmandasCookin.com

Taco Bell Enchirito Copycat

Rating: 51

Prep Time: 20 minutes

Cook Time: 20 minutes

Total Time: 40 minutes

Yield: 6

Serving Size: 1 enchirito

Taco Bell Enchirito Copycat

Ingredients

Instructions

1. Brown the ground beef and drain. Add taco seasoning and 1/2 cup of water. Bring to a boil then turn down to low and simmer 15-20 minutes.
  2. Meanwhile, prepare enchilada sauce or empty can of sauce into a saucepan and heat over medium heat.
  3. Warm refried beans in the microwave.
  4. Warm tortillas in the microwave. Spoon two tablespoons of seasoned beef into the middle of the tortilla. Sprinkle beef with diced onion. Spoon 3 tablespoons of refried beans on top of the beef.
  5. Fold burrito style and top with warm enchilada sauce. Sprinkle with shredded cheddar cheese.
  6. Alternatively, you can place burritos in a 13x9 baking pan, top with enchilada sauce and cheese and bake uncovered for 20 minutes in a 350 F oven, or until cheese is melted.

17 Responses to Taco Bell Enchirito Copycat

Velva says:

I would eat your burritos any day over Taco Bell. These rock! Thanks for sharing.

Velva

Jodi S. says:

As a LOVER of Taco Bell, I am going to have to give this a whirl. Looks so authentic! Thank you Amanda!!!!

• 2.1

Thanks Jodi! And you don’t have to use the homemade sauce and taco seasoning, I just prefer them over the alternatives. You could absolutely use canned sauce and a packet of taco seasoning. Hope you like them!

Magically delicious! We had this last night for dinner.

This is brilliant! My friends are gonna go ga-ga over this!!

Suzanne says:

OMGOMGOMG! I am ALWAYS bitching, moaning, and groaning about not being able to get these any longer. They originally made them (like yours) with flour tortillas. Then they changed them to corn tortillas and that ruined them for me – although I love corn tortillas, it just wasn’t the same. I can’t wait to make and EAT these!! Have I told you lately how much I love you???!!!?!?!?!?!?!

Lynna says:

This looks crazy good. I lovee taco bell.

[...] Taco Bell Enchirito Copycat | Amandas Cookin. /* Filed Under: Copycat [...]

When I was in college, there was a taco bell across the street. I lived on enchiritos! I love this, and have linked to it http://pearlsandparsnips.blogspot.com/2013/08/taco-bell-enchirito-copycat-amandas.html

Tim says:

While this is a tasty burrito….It doesn’t taste anything like a Taco Bell Encherito ! I think you should try onebefoe you try to copy it !!

• 9.1

Thanks for stopping by Tim. I probably should have said inspired by instead of copycat as I do use my own enchilada sauce and taco seasoning. They are still damn good, and that’s what counts :)

[…] Taco Bell Enchirito […]

Heidi Meinhardt says:

Lol you go girl exactly thanks for stopping by Tim.! These do rock. I made them tonight and my sister loves them too. Great recipe thanks Amanda :)