Are you looking for an easy dessert that takes less than 15 minutes to make? This ice cream sandwich cake features layers of hot fudge, peanut butter, whipped topping and peanut butter cups. No baking, just enjoying!
Why this recipe works
Chocolate-peanut butter lovers rejoice. This peanut butter ice cream sandwich cake is loaded with layers of chocolate fudge, peanut butter, whipped topping and peanut butter cups.
It’s so easy to put together and everyone loves piles of ice cream. That makes this an easy to solution and there’s no baking involved.
Expert Tips & FAQs
A helpful hint I learned from my chef brother is to cover cardboard with foil as a base for the ice cream sandwich cake. They do this when assembling cakes so they don’t slip and they’re easy to carry from counter to freezer to table.
Things you will need:
These step by step photos and instructions are here to help you visualize how to make this recipe. Please scroll down to simply print out the recipe!
- 12 ice cream sandwiches
- 1/2 cup hot fudge sauce, warmed
- 1/2 cup peanut butter, warmed
- 1 1/2 cups whipped topping
- 1 cup chopped peanut butter cups
- Small microwave safe bowls
- Measuring cups
- Chopping knife
How to Make Ice Cream Sandwich Cake
There are two ways to build this cake, but the same basic principles apply. The first way (which is how I did it), is to assemble the layers free form without any pan. I love the way this one looks – it reminds me of a naked cake and you can build the layers as high as you want.
The second way to prepare this is in a pan. The size isn’t so important since you can cut the sandwiches to fit. I definitely recommend this way if you plan on transporting the dessert or space is tight in the freezer.
- To begin, start with a layer of frozen ice cream sandwiches. I used vanilla, but chocolate ice cream would also be good here.
- Next, drizzle on a layer of hot fudge sauce, then drizzle melted peanut butter.
- Spread on a layer of whipped topping and sprinkle with chopped peanut butter cups.
- Repeat these layers 2 more times and then place in the freezer. I recommend waiting until it has frozen before covering.
More Chocolate/Peanut Butter Recipes
More Icebox Cakes
I may never be able to eat ice cream sandwiches the traditional way again! There are so many flavor possibilities here and I can’t wait to try one with Oreos based on my favorite Oreo Cake.
I love to bake and cook and share my recipes with you! I know it’s hard to remember to come back and search, so I’ve made it easy for you with my weekly newsletter! You can subscribe for free and I’ll send you delicious recipes every week right to your email.
Ice Cream Sandwich Cake (5 Ingredients)
IMPORTANT - There are often Frequently Asked Questions within the blog post that you may find helpful. Simply scroll back up to read them!Print It Rate It Text It
- 12 ice cream sandwiches
- 1/2 cup hot fudge sauce warmed
- 1/2 cup peanut butter warmed
- 1 1/2 cups whipped topping thawed
- 1 cup mini peanut butter cups chopped
- Layer 4 ice cream sandwiches in a row, long ends touching.
- Spread with 2 heaping tablespoons hot fudge, then drizzle with 2 heaping tablespoons of peanut butter.
- Cover with 1/2 cup whipped topping and sprinkle with 1/3 cup peanut butter cups.
- Repeat layers 2 more times. Freeze until firm, about 4 hours.
This post originally appeared here on Jul 31, 2018.