Baked Brie is an easy recipe with fruit, nuts, and jam wrapped in flaky puff pastry and baked until it is hot and gooey. It tastes great served with your favorite crackers or bread. Make this simple yet satisfying appetizer recipe for your next gathering!
Hi Everyone, I could not be more excited to share this Baked Brie recipe with you! It’s the type of recipe that is the perfect intersection of easy-to-prepare and incredibly satisfying.
You can customize it to your tastes and depending on what is seasonally available. The ways you can customize it are choosing your favorite dried (or even fresh!) fruit, nuts, and jam. (make your own homemade jam!)
I used apple butter, pistachios, and cranberries for the Baked Brie in the photos which makes a sweet and savory autumn-themed appetizer. There are literally hundreds of ways you can make this Baked Brie recipe your own!
This recipe is very forgiving, amounts can be eyeballed and you do not need any special baking knowledge to try it and it can even be done by your guests while other food is cooking.
I can imagine this Bake Brie being served at any holiday gathering or game day. It’s the kind of recipe is so delicious and good that you can expect to have people hovering over it.
Ingredients for Baked Brie
- 1 wheel Brie
- flour for rolling out puff pastry
- 1 sheet of puff pastry (store-bought from the frozen pastry/dessert section)
- 2 tablespoons apple butter or your favorite jam/jelly. For example, strawberry, raspberry, apricot
- 2 tablespoons shelled, raw pistachios or your favorite dried nuts like pecans, walnuts
- 2 tablespoons cranberries or your favorite dried fruit like raisins, golden raisins, chopped dried apricots or mixed fruit (chopped if larger pieces)
- 1 tablespoon milk for brushing the top of the puff pastry before baking or you can use an egg wash
- crackers and/or bread for serving
Kitchen Tools for Baked Brie
- measuring spoons and cups (optional!) – you can totally get away with eyeballing ingredients with this recipe
- pastry mat as your floured surface
- rolling pin (I like using a French rolling pin)
- parchment paper or silicone baking mat
- rimmed baking sheet
- pastry brush for applying the milk or egg wash
If you are making it for a large crowd, why not make two with different flavors?
If you make this Baked Brie recipe, let me know what occasion you make it for in the comments below!
Another favorite game day or holiday appetizer is our Gouda and Sun-Dried Tomato Cheese Ball! This cheese ball is packed with smoked Gouda flavor and wonderful sun-dried tomatoes! Get ready for a mouth-watering appetizer everyone will love.
Or for an even easier prep- our crockpot crack dip is the best! This warm Crockpot crack dip is a gooey combo of bacon, cheddar, and ranch. It’s only fitting this queso appetizer is called crack dip, it is so addicting!
- 1 sheet puff pastry thawed
- 2 tablespoons all-purpose flour or amount needed for rolling out the puff pastry
- 11 oz Brie cheese 1 round wheel, 8-12 ounces, 5-7 inches in diameter
- 2 tablespoons apple butter or your favorite jam, for example, strawberry, raspberry, amount to taste
- 2 tablespoons pistachios or your favorite nuts, for example, pecans, walnuts, etc.
- 2 tablespoons dried cranberries or your favorite dried fruit, for example, raisins, golden raisins, chopped apricots, etc.
- bread and or crackers for serving
- Arrange the baking rack in the middle of the oven. Preheat the oven to 400 degrees F.
- Line a baking sheet with parchment paper or a silicone baking mat. Set aside.
- On a pastry mat, lightly flour the surface. Unfold the puff pastry and place in the middle of the surface. Roll out the puff pastry until it's about 11 x 11 inches.
- Place the wheel of Brie in the center of the pastry, add the apple butter or jam, add the nuts (pistachios or other type) and dried fruit (cranberries or other type). Wrap the Brie completely in the puff pastry, press against the sides.
- Place the wrapped Brie in the center of the prepared baking sheet. Brush with the milk or egg wash. Bake in the preheated oven for 35-40 minutes or until golden and crispy.
- When it's done baking, allow to cool for 5-10 minutes to set up. Serve with your favorite crackers or sliced French bread, enjoy!