If you are looking for a tasty appetizer recipe that will appeal to the masses, this hot fiesta dip is very easy to make and comes together in literally minutes. You can even make this recipe your own by using your own homemade salsa, or by adding some of your favorite ingredients. This would be a perfect addition to your Super Bowl party table!
I added refried beans to the original recipe. You can toss in green chiles, fresh cilantro, or use your own salsa or salsa verde. Serve with a side of sour cream if you add anything hot, such as jalapeños.
This recipe was adapted from Cooking Light Complete Meals in Minutes
- 1 10-oz pkg frozen whole kernel corn
- 1½ cup salsa
- ¾ cup shredded Mexican blend cheese
- ½ can (about 7 ounces) refried beans
- 2 tablespoons chopped green onions
- Microwave frozen corn according to package directions, drain.
- In a 9-inch pie plate, combine salsa and refried beans, stir until well combined. Stir in corn. Cover with plastic wrap and vent, then microwave on high for 2 minutes.
- Remove plastic wrap and immediately sprinkle with shredded cheese, let stand for five minutes or until cheese melts. Top with green onions and serve with tortilla chips.